Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
That won't be a problem :)

We're gonna examine the current calipers and do a rebuild to get it past inspection.

I'm considering putting on some stock springs for the next 7-8 months, inspection coming up, and I cant get the aftermarket springs written into the pink slip because of new rules (fucking communist country...)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hm, is it just me, or does the power steering on the 4ws 1gen's feel alot different compared to non-4ws 1gen's? the 'feeling' with the 4ws ps is alot like a much newer car compared to normal GT's...

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
most gt s i have been in or owned had old leaky racks that were junk. In fact i have never seen a good rack outside a n/a or 4ws. All gt s were harder to turn one direction or both. I have a manual steering rack to install in my new mx6 n/a from germany.:tup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fuel tank: The 4WS models come with a tank that is split down the center, allowing the rear steering shaft to come under the center of it.
This is probably why the fuel gauge is horrendously inaccurate? It'll only be measuring the level on one side of the tank.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have twice replaced the rear calipers on the 4ws cars i have owned. Once on defilers 4ws car and recently on my 626 4ws. Yes they are different. I am not sure why or how. I did get a set of loaded rear calipers for only 150 for both. Funny thing is that the core was 20 more per caliper. GOod thing i only paid for them once (on defiler's car) so mine were free this time around.

How can i help you wibla? I wish i could steal your car......what pait color is that?
My 2WS caliperes bolted right up on the 4WS spindles/rotors and are working with no problems...:shrug:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Dang, i wish i knew that earlier, i have a full set (front and back) of calipers for 2ws at home, but the mechanic bought new 4ws calipers.. hnngh. effing $700 out the window.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The idea is to keep as many of the same parts a possible to reduce R&D when ever possible. On a side note i only made this post because i have the newest post in all the other threads and wanted to be a jerk. :p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Bumping for a real reason now :)

I'm in the process of picking up an 88 626 GT 4WS!!

White, blue interior, auto and abs.

Here's the kicker, the owner says it needs new struts. I popped the hood to inspect, this fucker has front AAS struts!! It doesn't have the control box on the interior, so I am intrigued to say the least.

I didn't check the rear for strut bar or AAS motors, it rode decent, the 4ws didn't work and turbo was basically blown...but damn it was a steal. The interior was damn near perfect and still had the stock mazda premium radio with sub and EQ :lol:

41 - 60 of 73 Posts