Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, since most people here have an MX-6 already.

But has anyone had a hard time selling their 2nd gen? I'm in a college town, where there are lots of 2nd gens, mostly V-6s. I've advertised in newspapers, on the web, and in several places on campus and have had a very hard time selling my car. I even dropped the price $1000.

Just curious, I'm kinda confused

Tyson
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman
95 LS (for sale)
91 RX-7 (whee!)
76 MGB

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well my suggestion to you if you really want to get rid of your car would see if a dealership would buy it off you. Or see if your local city has car auctions and sell it that way. Also what you can do is trade your MX6 in for another car you looking to buy. I was just wondering why you want to sell the car when you just bought it in 1999?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am selling it because I am getting married in a few months and was looking for something a little cheaper. I already bought a car to replace it...a 91 RX-7.

I can't auction it because it won't get bid up high enough to pay it off. I go to auctions weekly, so I know how cheap cars there go.

My asking price is not unfair considering the condition of the car.

Ebay may be my next step.

Tyson

G

·
RX7 cheaper?

Hmm, unless the one you bought is absolutely mint, over the long run the RX7 will be way more expensive than your MX6, both in insurance costs and maintanance costs. Not only are parts pretty expensive, but I've heard that the 2nd gens weren't very reliable. Unless you need money right now (which is what loans are for) I'd be selling the RX7 instead.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually both cars are in very good condition. The 2nd gen RX7s are pretty reliable from what I have read and experienced (brother had an 88 convertible for a while).
Plus this one is in excellent mechanical shape.

I got the RX-7 really cheap.

Both cars are for sale until one of them sells. I have had more bites on the RX-7 in a week than I have on the MX-6 in a whole month.

Tyson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts