Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh yeah baby, I just called a Mazda auto wrecker, and a digital dash cluster will be at my door in 2-3 business days! Only 125 and 15 for shipping, way cheaper than 1100 for a new one! If anyone wants one, call 1800-699-2664 G'luck! I'll post some pix, once I get it installed.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
the dash i cant find

Hey
are you Sure its for the 88 and later? I have both an 87 626 and an 88 mx-6, the 87 i have found dozens of digital dashes for and i sell them for 100 a piece to people overseas. I am Intensly searching for a USA digital dash for the 88 on up. If you find one, i will take it. i think mazda recycling has em for $75 a piece, but i havent asked if they have the 88 on up. Let me know man

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty positive that it'll fit. One things for sure, I'll find out this week when I get it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
definatly let me know how things work out, i called mazda recycling Usa and they had never even seen one. Im so used to the one in my 87 626, that i dont think i can live with analog guages for the rest of my life

Eric

·
Registered
75 Posts
will they fit a 90? and where?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
40? count me in

If you have a Green lighted digital dash for the 88 and later, i'll pay you 50 and pay shipping charges.

Eric

G

·
why wouldn't they fit a 90?,,

I wasn't aware of any body restyling since 89?
If the don't fit a 90 i'll eat my shorts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
will fit a 90-92 too

If there is a green lighted digital dash for 88-89 models, i dont see how it couldnt work with a 90-92, the wiring is the same.

Eric

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
differences between 89-90

in 89 and earlier, they had yellow and red taillights, 90-92 had all red tail lights. 90-92 had one piece spoilers, as 88-89 didnot. the front signal lights are slightly different as well, but look the same

Eric

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took a look at the light bulbs in the digital dash. I pulled some of them out, and they are standard size bulbs (194's) but some are smaller. The reason why they light up green is because they are painted that color. So, if you wanted to make it a different color, go buy some bulbs and pain em. I got my diigtal dash in, but ran into problems w/the one I bought. the mazda dismantling place, is sending a replacement.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
what is wrong with the one ya got?

i know some are green painted, but see the crystaline display is orange in the 86-87 cars and green in the 88 and later cars, you cant change that. what is wrong with the one ya got? do you have to send it back? if not i want it!! i have parts to fix it probably (or can get parts, i work at a mazda dealership) anyhow let me know

Eric

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I got my digital cluster in I noticed that above the buttons the word read outs were gone. I called the dismantling place back up and they are sending a different one. That'll be here tomorrow.

P.S. I saw The Fast and The Furious last night. All I have to say is that movie is a BOOOOOOOOOOOONER ROLLERCOASTER!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm gonna put in the replacement cluster in hopefully this week. When the replacement cluster came in, it was for an auto (screwed up at the place I bought it from) so I said screw it, I ripped off the word mantle off the one they just sent, and I'm gonna super glue it to the original that they sent. But as far as selling my dial guages go, I'm going to keep the, in case my digital one blows up.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i want the other digital dash!!

hey
i will buy the second digital dash they sent you, let me know!!! even if its for an auto, it should work(or i'll find a way!)

Eric

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't sell it to you dude, I gotta send it back to the dismanlting plant, otherwise, they'll charge me another 140 bucks..... Sorry, give em a call

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
what place is it, can i get a direct number?

whats the number for em? the second i wake up tomorow if you reply, i'll call em and buy one from them(i sure hope they have more!)

Eric

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1800-699-2664 G'luck dude P.S. ask to talk with Steve. He hooked me up with my stuff

1 - 20 of 81 Posts