Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I rarely ever post, but I am so confused and disappointed I thought I should say something.

Usually, I just troll the gallery once every couple months to see what people are doing with their Mx6's as I don't have the time, money, or commitment to work on my own. I was enjoying reading through a thread started by a member named thingsthatfly2, however, some members left me confused and disappointed. It ultimately ended in the closing of the thread and the thread starter declaring he didn't want to post pictures anymore and how he didn't want to work on the Mx6 anymore. This is problematic to me because scaring people away from the Mx6 is not the purpose of the website, and this could of been prevented through better moderation.

I don't want to write a whole freakin essay here, but, I do not understand why some members seemed to go out of their way to be down right ass holes. There is a difference between constructive criticism, and nit picking to be a jerk. One member posted snide comments through out the whole thread with the moderator doing little to stop him. The whole thing about the nitrous tank seemed to turn from a wise caution from someone who knew better to people chiming in to nit pick. Through out the whole thread I thought thingsthatfly2 was more than accepting to criticism and did not earn or deserve the scorn he received from some members.

I just wanted to bring it up in hopes that maybe in the future people can be more respectful and moderators can do a better job at keeping the peace. In all honesty I love the Mx6 but my car is 15 years old now and I seriously doubt very many people are going to put as much money time and effort as thingsthatfly2 did, and it sucks to think that some members of a Mx6 community ruined it for him and the rest of the people enjoying reading his thread.

-Alex

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Send thingsthatfly2 a pm and he'll send you some updates on his car. He's still working on it and has made progress since his thread was closed (I believe it was closed at his request). They'll likely delete this as they did with the thread that was made in the lounge regarding the closed thread, but you are right, it is disappointing.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hi Alex, while I find it hard to blame the moderators, I do find it disgusting that some members acted the way they did. A few supportive members have set up a private message list that receives updates on his work. He is still very much motivated to work on his car, thank god, because he is a very industrious guy that would put many members to shame.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Moderators don't have unlimited power in each section of the website. Most of us are assigned a section to watch over and take care of. We don't like to step on each others toes but we will step in if things get too hostile. I have done this a few times already (including the thread in question).

The best we can do in a section that we are not assigned moderation of is report the posts that are not appropriate (like EVERYONE else on this site can do) and hand out infractions if things get ugly. I didn't see ANY reported posts from this thread aside from my own.

·
Registered
135 Posts
X2 phototropica! I think some of the mods on here are slacking! Slacking like they work at MCDonalds! I have messaged the mods so many times and heard NOTHING! Did you get my messages? WTF!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Whatever. I said what I wanted to say. I hope scooby closes this crap.

lakepirate, what the hell are you talking about? If you messaged me like that I would ignore you too.

PS. I can give infractions in any sub forum guys. :rolleyes:
Not you Chefspot, your on our side right now. Besides I`m in the 1G area and I said "some mods". I have messaged the mods many times about deleting a thread and the only one to reply back was Panther and he replied with an infraction. WTF? He said I got an infraction just for asking to delete a thread. How about that for crooked Mods!

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Just for the record that thread was overdue for moderator action primarily because it was being discussed in the mod forum. We should have closed it while we were discussing what to do, but we didnt. Now that questions of policy have been cleared up moderators can take action more quickly if a similar situation occurs.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Thanks Scooby. :tup:

Not you Chefspot, your on our side right now. Besides I`m in the 1G area and I said "some mods". I have messaged the mods many times about deleting a thread and the only one to reply back was Panther and he replied with an infraction. WTF? He said I got an infraction just for asking to delete a thread. How about that for crooked Mods!
I would take it easy there buddy. Insulting mods will get you nowhere fast on this site.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Well, if you have a problem with a moderator's actions, you need to send a PM to me or goatcrapp. If you really did just get an infraction for asking for a thread to be deleted and you didnt do anything else to warrant the infraction then I will certainly have words for the offending moderator. I have to warn you though.
95% of the time someone complains to me about a moderator, they neglect to tell the whole story which typically includes them being an asshat. Then I spend hours retracing the steps, reading all the posts and PMs and speaking with the people involved only to find that I wasted my time. I tend to give two week vacations for people wasting that much of my time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.