Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a distributor ever continue working, but somehow it just doesn't allow the car to perform at it's peak?
Or, if it works at all, it is doing everything it is supposed to do? I know certain components can go out making the engine not work. Just curious if replacing a working distributor with a reman. disty would gain anything in performance. After all, 10 years is 10 years, and I figure that something in there is degrading over time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
you must be bored and have some money Do a complete tune up if you haven't and clean your MAF makes a difference

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhh...thanks for addressing the question.
:rolleyes:

OK. Now does anyone happen to know the real answer?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
kennyc28 said:
you must be bored and have some money Do a complete tune up if you haven't and clean your MAF makes a difference
Yah dude, clean your MAF. You know how dirty those MAF gets on the car. Especially the MAF on the V6. Yah know, the thing that attatches to the thingie that's also there to do that thing, you know the MAF. If you don't clean your MAF you won't even have one, no MAF for you :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
parisifal said:
Yah dude, clean your MAF. You know how dirty those MAF gets on the car. Especially the MAF on the V6. Yah know, the thing that attatches to the thingie that's also there to do that thing, you know the MAF. If you don't clean your MAF you won't even have one, no MAF for you :D
hey paris-
help me out here. If I need to lookup MAF in the index, how do you spell [email protected]

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. I thought this thread would generate some real tech-head answers to a serious question. Surely there are people in MX6 Land that know.
Does the Disty have wear items in it that dont just stop working, but rather slowly become less efficient? This would not show up as anything you could identify, only after a long time would you see a noticable decay in performance.
Dont make me clean my MAF spelled with a V.:mad:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
powerloss can sometime be cause by worn rotor and timing. so if u want to optimize your engines power, make sure you check those two. timing can also affect many performance and emmision aspects of the car.
i think my recent HP lose is also due problems mentioned above. however w/ college, full time job and baby on the way, i have no time to mess around with the car. oh yeah dont forget the decreasing wheather temp. with no indoor garage, its very difficult to work out there in the cold.
sorry couldn't be much help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts