Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tachometer drops to zero at highway speeds which tells me from all the other messages that I have a distributor problem, but I also have CEL codes 10 (intake air temp sens) and 17 (LHO2S inversion error). Would either of these 2 CEL codes cause my engine to cut out or will I also have to replace the distributor to fix my problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
lei93MX6V6 said:
My tachometer drops to zero at highway speeds which tells me from all the other messages that I have a distributor problem, but I also have CEL codes 10 (intake air temp sens) and 17 (LHO2S inversion error). Would either of these 2 CEL codes cause my engine to cut out or will I also have to replace the distributor to fix my problem? Thanks.
No, these two codes aren't related to the stalling. There's a 99% chance that the code 10 is a false. I've noticed that code 10 (IAT) and sometimes 08 (VAF) accompany O2 sensor codes though I don't know why. Replace the front (left) O2 sensor and erase the codes by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. My guess is the codes don't reappear.

The tach dropping to zero and (I assume) engine dying is indicative of the igniter failure. You can get more info on my page under "Disty Fix".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts