Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow sixers. question.

Do the stock fogs on the mx6 make a big difference? Reason I ask is because my stock head lights have turned so yellow, and gone that crappy haze colour over top, that it has come to the point my headlights barely do anything for me. I'm driving blindat night!!!!!! AHHH. And i can't be bothered to rip it all apart, bake it to melt the glue, and sand till my hand falls off.

SO i was debating getting the fogs to put in my car. will it be worth it?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i have high speed polished the outside of my lights once before, and it helped for a little bit, but didn;t take them long to haze over again.

I think maybe i'll save up and buy jspecs or get the projectors for the car.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess especs are like the stock mx6 headlights in australia.. those are sweet healights for stock..

thanks for your replies, i think i'm going to buy the projectors..

·
Registered
947 Posts
Koala8998 said:
especs = euro-spec I believe...

I'm not 100% sure though
ya your right, Aspec is amerian, Jspec is Japan, and Espec is for the Euros
but for your answer, the fog lights don't really light up the road at all much past the first 5 feet in font of the car. there not really ment to be your main souce of lighting, so they would be useless.. i would say take an afternoon and seach the site on the "How To's" there is one for cleaning them. and do it and you wouldn't need to worry. i think most fog lights are more for show then anything, i have even diven and fog and they don't really make that much more of a differance with them on...

Reactions: midrange

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
the espec mx6 was mostly for australia, its odd that we didnt actually get the jspec.
This is the headlight/foglight combo we got. i prefer jspecs over especs, but i cant imagine giving up the sexy espec chrome fogs. there is no indicator in there.

ps. dont pick on the angle it is on... it is directed at the side of the road. (in oz we drive on the left)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
RdS said:
the espec mx6 was mostly for australia, its odd that we didnt actually get the jspec.
This is the headlight/foglight combo we got. i prefer jspecs over especs, but i cant imagine giving up the sexy espec chrome fogs. there is no indicator in there.

ps. dont pick on the angle it is on... it is directed at the side of the road. (in oz we drive on the left)

k, right there i learned a lot... 500 for those fog lights... you'd have to pay me to take those ehadlights from you though...

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
thats the problem... id like jspecs, but because they have no indicator built in, id have to get the jspec or aspec fogs. otherwise id have a headon with someone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts