Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
We should come up with a "How do you know if you have 4WS" sticky, have pictures and other oddities that are with the 4WS model; like the power steering pump, rear steering rack, gas tank, lower cross member support, RSTB, wheels, steering wheel, etc.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
It should really be painfully obvious if you have 4ws or not, if you know anything about anything about your car. (Or cars in general)

I dont think there is any difference between the power steering pumps in 4ws and non-4ws model.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well 1st youd see it says 4WS on the steering wheel. And on the trunk. And has a RSTB.
the rstb came in all gt's as far as i know ...and your right about the steering wheel but i completly forgot about that.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
90-92, or was it 91-92 GT's have the RSTB, not the 88-89 GT's, only 4WS of those years had the RSTB stock.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
We should come up with a "How do you know if you have 4WS" sticky, have pictures and other oddities that are with the 4WS model; like the power steering pump, rear steering rack, gas tank, lower cross member support, RSTB, wheels, steering wheel, etc.
i was thinking about this at work today, ill get on it soon.

I dont think there is any difference between the power steering pumps in 4ws and non-4ws model.
OHH HO HO... but there is, the 4ws pump is huge in comparison.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i cant live with out my 4WS. well i mean i could, but then driving wouldnt be as fun.:)

and yeh it shouldnt be to hard to figure out that you have 4ws

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I would have thought the biggest giveaway to the average layman was the fact that the car felt different when turning, and that there's a 4WS light in the dash that lights up when you start the car. Not to mention the rack in plain view from behind :)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
i don't know how i missed that post. yes, its much larger and all the lines/reservoir tank is different with more lines attached to it. i just had to remove mine :)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
fe3 swap. i couldn't get the pulley off, so i removed the ps pump with the motor and took it off the motor outside the car.

don't worry, its going back in :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts