Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new flywheel?
hi all, I'm planning on jumping on the bulk buy for ActII Street Clutch on probetalk.com for $300 including shipping. My question is...will I need a new flywheel? Don't really think I'm interested in anything lighter, but my car does have 115,000 miles on it. Will I need to get a new one or can I stick with the one I have? I'm on my 2nd stock clutch and pedal height is still excellent, but it slips like a mutha when I shift at high rpm's. what do flywheels go for?

·
Registered
123 Posts
That'll totally depend on the condition your flywheel is when you open her up.. You won't know until then. In the mean time if the stock flywheel has miles on it and your moving up from a stock clutch to a performance one it would proablly make a lot of sence to replace it if you have the cash, especially if there are any heat cracks ect. on the flywheel when you take it out.. I replaced mine with a new MAzda OE one around $500 CDN. It was definatlly worth it because the new clutch will seat/hold better on a new flywheel when broken in properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts