Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my 1993 MX-6 LS two weeks ago and everything was fine, untill yesterday, i was comming home from school and it wouldn't shift out of 3rd gear, so i stop the car, turned it off and back on again, i could smell the clutch really bad, but i started back up and everything was fine(except for the smell), so i came home and parked it, check all the fluids and everything was fine, but today when i went to school the smell wont go away, i'm not even driving it hard, does this mean i might need a new clutch? if so how much is this going to cost me? and should i go ahead and buy a performance clutch?

thanx for the help
DP

G

·
I had to buy a new clutch about a month after I bought my MX6 (which was about a year ago). Even though it wasn't under warranty at the dealer I bought it off of, he agreed to pay for half of it, which was really nice (and I suggest that you try that too!). Anyways, I got the clutch replaced at the Mazda Dealer in Stratford, Ontario, and it cost me $850.00. Hope that gives you an idea of the price range. I never had the same problem with my clutch that you did though. My car was pretty much undrivable.

G

·
if it smells like a worn shoe, than you might need a new throw-out bearing or somthing...have your clutchplate ck'd for waer as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts