Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shop that is painting my car gave me an estimate of 375$ to shave the door handles and install keyless entry where the doors would pop open. does this seem to be an ok price? they are going to weld where the door handles were.... my shop charged me 1900$ just to repaint the car..which I consider expensive.( but it they were the only ones willing to strip the whole car) I was wondering if this price was expensive? they will sell me a package including shaved doors, shaving gas tank and relocating to trunk and shaving trunk lock for 500$ how about that one? what do u guys think? my antenna is already shaved...

·
Registered
321 Posts
well first off that is great price for a total repaint plus they are stripping the old paint. is your car strictly for show. If not I would not shave your doors I can see the gas and trunk key hole but if your battery dies how the hell do you get in your car or what is it malfunctions think about it. but those prices don't seem to bad for the work that it intells })

·
Registered
357 Posts
dude GET THE WHOLE PACKAGE... that's a great price for ALL of that... where do you live, i'm going to make a road trip for shaving.

125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ok i'l do it....if the battery goes i'm screwed but that's never happened I keep everything pretty well maintained...i live in orlando Florida so it'll probably be a heck of a drive for ya....but i'll know the quality of the work within two more weeks...

·
Registered
357 Posts
i'm glad you're going with it... don't worry about the battery, they are made to last a while. if you get scared, then just get a new one... guarenteed for a few years. oh yeah, if you are really paranoid about the whole thing, get a pop button. like in 'gone in 60 seconds' on the really old flame car... he had the pop button underneath the car. they aren't that hard to install or get... its just security issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey, I was thinking about shaving my door handles too...if the battery ever died out or it malfunctioned...I could always just climb through the trunk right? hehe

125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can't jump in...shaved the trunk cylinder too...ohhhh well...can't even put gas in my car if my battery dies....shaved that too....ehheeh..

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think there is some way to mount an extra set of battery terminals to the underside of your car and connect them to the battery... that way if your battery runs dead you can just connect the jumper cables to those.

125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just thinking of that last night...because I woulld just need enough juice to power the door opening mechanism...ne more specific info you can give me?

·
Registered
59 Posts
you have a manual popper that comes with most kits. This would allow you to open your doors without having any juice.:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
hmm.... I heard about it from a friend so I really don't know that much about it. If you only need enough juice to open your door you could simply run like a 10 or 12 gauge wire from the positive terminal of your battery down to the underside of your car. be sure to wrap it around something and tie it so it doesn't get sucked up into anything or get caught in a fan. Also be sure to wrap electical tape around the end of the wire so it can't come into contact with anything. This may or may not work. I think it will but you'd better ask someone else who knows what they are talking about.:) Good luck man.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm shaving too

My car is shaved too

Fun fun fun

Makes me feel that much more cleaner driving around :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts