Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Do it yourself body kit

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Rodeo1080 
#1 ·
Just curious if anybody has ever heard of this? Well i decided to make my own kit out of fiberglass and bondo. Do you guys think it can be done?

#4 ·
iLyK2EaTCiViCs- I think it can be done, but maybe not all by yourself. Meaning that maybe if you see a kit that is on a Eclipse and you think it'd look cool on a MX6, then you can buy that Eclipse kit. And by cutting/adding bondo and stuff to mold it to fit the MX6, it can be done. I just think many people are afraid to spend so much money on a kit and then afraid they will mess it up in the process. I'd give it a shot myself if I run into a good deal on a kit I like.

#5 ·
Which Cars to look for??

I also wanted to get another car's kit and customise it to my MX6, but does anyone know which kit to try find. The reason I ask is cause you cant customize a golf IV kit cause of length and fators like that. So what i am pretty much asking is, which cars do u ppls know of that are in similar proportions and length as the MX6??

#6 ·
#7 ·
HAHA, nice conversion deejay, Im thinking of doing it from straght scratch, pieces by pieces. Its going to look a little off but nothing too noticible. I mean if i learn how to do it than i could make custom widebody flares on my car also along with the kit.

#8 ·
#9 ·
You seen that thing live, coldnoodle? Now I'm pissed, mate! Me wants too!!! LOL
:)

Mici

#12 ·
Okay okay... Under heavy pressure me collapse and falls to the floor... I have a confession to make... NO I'M NOT GAY but.... I haven't seen a '93+ Supra never ever in my entire life!!! And that's because in live in a shithole called Finland! They did not import Supras in here and there was one but they wrecked and got killed in the accident. So, I haven't seen one in real life but I desperately want to have one! Me just loves that AbFlug Supra even if it wouldn't have that monster 900 bhp! That is just pure sex in the bodykit! AAAhh... Oh well... Time to shut up, eh...
Mici

#16 ·
Hey man it can totally be done just takes a lot of time, and there's a big learning curve. I made a mold out of my front piece and the altered it to get what I wanted. The i fiberglasses it up, it's fun to learn and do and way more rewarding. Unfortunatly mine didn't turn out in the end. First attempt oh well. It would have worked but I just wants happy with it. It was still cheaper than buying a kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.