Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I'm putting Intrax on my 93LS this wwekend. The front's done already and looks really nice. I've heard that the rear springs must be trimmed/cut so they'll be even with the front. Is this true? I'd like to save some time and trim them before they're installed, but I'd hate to trim them, install them, then have them sit too far down. How many coils ned to be cut? Can I use a Dremmel tool while pouring cool water on the spring to keep it from overheating? Any advice is appreciated. Also, any advice on removing the strut mounting bolts from the inside of the trunk? BTW, I'm installing them with KYB G2(?) struts.

Thanks
Jeremy

G

·
0 Posts
Personally I would never recommend cutting springs. They were designed to be the way they are and cutting them can ruin your ride. Why would you pay for Intrax just to cut them cut your factories if you want to do that. I have intrax and mine are great They will sit flat just let them settle.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I had Intrax on mine before and they a good springs. Dont cut them (NEVER EVER). the back end will set up a little higher because it was like that stock. even with my GC's my back end sets up a little higher but not much.

i have heard that the KYB and Intrax work nice together.

to get to the bolt in the truck, fold down the back seats and go in that way, take your time because you dont have a great ranch of movement when you get in there. good luck

[Edited by superflymx6 on 05-11-2001 at 12:09 PM]

·
Registered
446 Posts
DO NOT CUT YOUR SPRINGS

In order to access your rear strut mounts, just fold down the rear seats and go to work. You'll have them off in a few minutes. I didn't find that there was much of a space restriction when I removed them to install my illuminas. You can get about 90 degrees worth of ratcheting per stroke (that's pretty good, I suppose).

Oh yea, save yourself some time and just unbolt the BIG nut in the center at the top of the struts. You'll have to remove the rubber dust cover and use a 17 (or 19mm) socket, but its quicker than messing with the other nuts.

[Edited by BOWDWN2MX6 on 05-11-2001 at 01:00 PM]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks....

Thanks for your replies. I never _wanted_ to cut my springs. I had just heard things about the rear Intrax. Thanks for the advice. I'm all pumped up and ready to get it done now!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts