Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Do you think we should have a 4WS sub-forum?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Hey Marty, I'm still holding it for you.. I could mail it if you really want it. Message me your address.

Does anyone have a 4ws front steering rack in good condition they want to sell? Mine is finally wearing out at 370,000 miles.

You can send me a PM, and I'll get back to you on the weekends (can't get on here at work).

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I say bring on a 4WS subforum. It'd be all of what, two clicks of the mouse for the administrator to generate such a subforum? Sheesh.

The Mazda 4WS system *eats* all the other 4WS systems other manufacturers have tried over the years (anyone ever heard what happens when sharp cornering in an early 4WS Prelude? *giggle) but due to its complexity can become a nightmare for the uninitiated...

That said I've got issues... error code thirteen... it only gets disgruntled if the car is stopped and in neutral (for instance at a drive thru) but if you hold the clutch down, it could care less. Strange indeed, and very annoying, nothing worse than goin to leave somewhere and having the 4WS light come on and the car switch to 2WS mode. Sucks!

Would be nice to go into a subforum where such an issue has already been discussed and a fix suggested.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I too very much wish there was a 4ws forum. I just joined only a few days ago, and I was actually very surprised that there was NOT a 4ws sub forum.

I have a few questions regarding proper care and maintenance, and it seems there is no proper place to ask them...

That said, I voted YES.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
MSGT-R said:
Hey Marty, I'm still holding it for you.. I could mail it if you really want it. Message me your address.

Does anyone have a 4ws front steering rack in good condition they want to sell? Mine is finally wearing out at 370,000 miles.

You can send me a PM, and I'll get back to you on the weekends (can't get on here at work).
Here they are. I like the looks of new parts. I think this is correct- 4 pics of rear and 2 of the front.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Allmazda....this is a message from MSGT-R via e-mail
GAVIN!!!
Please get into the 4WS thread and tell allmazda to hang on until I can get home
tonight?
I cannot communicate on MX6 through the firewall at work. I have just seen his
pictures because the links came through. If he's offering that front rack for
sale, Hell yes I want it!!!
Its possible that she may want them ;)

Gavin

allmazda said:
Here they are. I like the looks of new parts. I think this is correct- 4 pics of rear and 2 of the front.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Okay, I'm home today, and I'm on my own computer. I could see the pictures because of the links, but the stupid firewall system has decided that MX6 is not a site that the Navy wants to communicate with. I used Tom as a communications link a couple of times.

THANK YOU GAVIN!! I was going nuts trying to get this done. It's not like I can trip on down to Autozone and get something like this.

ALLMAZDA, lets start talking money. Here comes a PM

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don't have 4 wheel steering. However, I personally would find it interesting to have a 4WS forum, if nothing else, for the sake of learning more about cars.

That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Yeah same here I have a GT but I dont think it has 4ws or abs if we had a forum At least I can learn about it. I'm pretty sure I dont have 4ws because i didnt see anything that would steer the back wheels when i was under the car. and i cant check the abs cuz The cars not running yet.

I voted yes!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Mazda 4WS system *eats* all the other 4WS systems other manufacturers have tried over the years (anyone ever heard what happens when sharp cornering in an early 4WS Prelude? *giggle) but due to its complexity can become a nightmare for the uninitiated...
Oh I know that all to well :damnmad: My friend had had a '90 4WS Prelude. When he got the thing he didn't know whole steering system was worn out. Along with the hoses and compression rings(damn that B21A1 cylinder sleeves). Had me test drive it to find out what was up, quick test drive and getting underneeth the car quickly shown a system that was never maintained. Best price I could find for getting all the necessary parts was $2100 :tdown:

Now for a controbution to the topic. If there is a 4WS system made, i'll see what I could do about getting the alldata info on the system to help people with things like torque specs.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I don't have 4WS but i dont' see why we shouldn't have a sub forum. There is a search option but i would imagine there are enough 4WS people out there that need answers and those answers may be hard to find without a detacated place for them.

I voted yes.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is almost ridiculous. 67% votes yes, so just make the subforum, its not like making a subforum will require billions of tax dollars or hours and hours of hard work...

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
No one takes care of this site anymore bros. I should just do a write up on the lost art of the 4ws. then we can sticky it. Just so many idiosyncrasies to explain the info needs to be in one place. I have begged for one for years but no one is listening. :shrug:

I give up........

81 - 100 of 114 Posts