Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this is in the correct section, if not I apologize. But I was searching through the site for a cold air intake or how to make one about a month ago and a fellow member who was also a moderator obliged to help. After a few pm's I took his advise and sent him a check for $200, I heard from him up until the point he received my check and after that he vanished. I have been pm'ing him emailing him leaving him messages on his cell phone and nothing. This is a place where we all come to share ideas, help, give advise, trade, sell, and its an overall meeting place. I just thought I would let you know I'm sure you hear a lot of this. I will have to take legal action, its not a lot of money but its not right for him to do that.

Mr Desi
:(
:mad:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
That is definately wron.

But I think I can speak for the forum when it comes to matters such as this. It is your own doing if you loose money on this board. I personally do not do alot of dealings on here, but when I do i demand references. I personally have an eBay account with 50+ feedbacks and can provide references from fellow members.

If you dealt with him and asked and recieved all of those references than maybe something went wrong on his end. If you did not ask nor recieve any edorsement or proof of reliability than the blame does not rest on the board.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
please don't get me wrong

I did not mean to blame the board for what happened to me, I just wanted to voice my feelings and find out how much of this goes on here.

Is there hope for me? I have all of his pm's he sent me, my check that was cashed by him.

I don't want to go through a lot of trouble just to get $200 back, but if something can be done just so he know he can't get away with something like this then that would be good.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
We can't do much about member transactions but I will not allow a moderator of the site to use thier status to take advantage of people.
If you would, please PM me the details and I will look into it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Scooby, that's cool if you can help Phat6.
Phat6, if I was you I would take his address, hopefully you did'nt send that check to a PO box, I would track down his phone # and let him know that it isn't cool. Personally I would make sure if someone screwed me over I would get my restitution. Hope everything turns out good for you. I've dealt with people on here and all of them have been honest. However, a$$holes are born everyday.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks drsjr1980, I actually have all of that information, his cell phone #, his house #, his address. After he realized that I was starting to get upset he stopped answering my calls and would just pick up the phone and waite and then hang up. You are right ass$05#$ are born everyday. I am trying very hard not to take this personally because of the little amount of money involved, but if I do loose it...I always finish what I start.:mad:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I was having such a hard time finding a cold air intake for my six he suggested I go to some shop and get some chrome/stainless steel pipes and get some clamps etc... I was having a hard time finding that stuff so I asked him about it again, he then said he will send it to me. So for $200 I was getting the pipes, clamps, filter (the one you put on to protect from water), I already have an aftermarket cone filter. I know you guys are gonna say that its expensive, but I really just wanted something nice and $200 was a ok price for me.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I know you guys are gonna say that its expensive, but I really just wanted something nice and $200 was a ok price for me.
So are you looking for any other parts????

;)

:D

I have been really lucky myself! I only buy off ebay and only from really reputable sellers. I heard anythingcanada/Chris got screwed though, something like a good ebay seller with tons of good feedback had his computer crash with all his sales on it so he just quit the business he had and kept the money! Harsh....

Never know... a lot of faith in people whenever you buy ANYTHING, not to mention buying online...

Claeren.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Cash on Delivery - C.O.D.

;)

Claeren.

PS - An eschrow(?) service of some type is more practical though. Where a third party holds the money and releases it on notice of delivery....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know exactly what you mean man. I supposedly send 75 dollars for a bumper to Hydrox. I never received a bumper, and he cashed the check. Other people said they did business with him and it was all ligit, but I dont know what happened with me. I know 75 bux isnt a lot of money, but it is the point of it just being taken off of me and nothing ever sent, I would be pissed if I sent 5 bux and nothing in return. I tried to call him but the number he gave me was fake and didn't work at all. Who knows, its screwed up.
Ken

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Who?

Is this moderator still a member? If he is, who is it? It would be good for us to know so we don't make any deals with him ourselves.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
oldness...he probably isnt a moderator anymore...and hell, he probably isnt even a member anymore...either way, scooby isnt going to release his name to anyone i would imagine

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
There is a seller rating forum for this.I am in charge of the forum and I can tell you that not even a mod is above ripping people.I know Sean will handle this matter quickly.-Justin

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.