Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have.

It was BaBaKa at the end of October last year .... :crying:

In December I had a call from the person who bought her saying would I like her back and I said 'Yes'. His excuse was that he would rather have an MX-5 which is fair enough.

So I sent him the deposit and we arranged that I would pay the balance one month after I got back from Spain after having vital surgery. He said that he was in no rush and was happy with the deal as he wanted the car to go back to someone who would cherish her.

However after Christmas I got an e-mail out of the blue from him saying would I be interested in BBK going to a museum instead.

I thought about it and as this was always a dream of mine to see her looked after in a well earned retirement, I agreed and my deposit was returned.

I just found out late this afternoon that before the museum could view the car, BBK had been sold.

I just hope that whoever has bought her will take good care of her as well as I did. Afterall mint or near mint MX-6's are as rare as hen's teeth.

With the benefit of hindsight, had I known that the museum deal was on the cards, I would never have sold the car to this person in the first place.

That's the way it is unfortunately but this has now left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Still later in the year I will be looking out for another MX-6 or 2.5L Probe that is even better than BaBaKa because these exceptional cars are about.

I just miss that glorious engine, the wonderful room, handling etc. You all know what I mean.

Shame that I missed the 35000 mile red MX-6 in Scotland a couple of weeks ago that eventually sold for £3.5K.

If BaBaKa's new owner comes on here, please don't hesitate to contact me as I had the car for over 10 years and know every inch of her.

She went out in the rain only twice in my keep.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I am off to Brooklands on Sunday for the annual Austin/Morris day with EOO .. :)

Austin Morris Day - Brooklands Museum

And it's going to be dry too .... :wink2:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts