Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I've recently had a shop do some work for me on the power steering system. and right after taking it home the check engine light is now on. I went ahead and checked it out(the CEL codes), cleared it, checked it out again and it's still getting a code 16 which would have something to do w/ the EGR system. My car DOES sound like there is a vacuum leak somewhere. I know every1 is going to tell me to take it back to the shop, they've offered to look at it. but I don't want those screw ups to touch my 6 again. Is this pretty simple? I believe those screw ups probly left some hose unpluged when they were working down there. ne help is greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure it's simple...

·
Registered
488 Posts
The EGR pipe is located on the rear exhaust manifold above *the power steering rack*. Big surprise, huh? It is a royal pain to even try to get to unless you have the car on a lift. Your best bet is to take it back to them. Most likely one of the 14 vacuum hose on the back side of the engine came loose or the EGR tube itself was knock loose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts