Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i might be able to get my hands on some aftermarket rims that are coming off of a dodge avenger i dont know rims that well and all the information ive been able to find has clashed with one another, but heres the thing the avenger rims

AVENGER ES MX-6

97- 90-97

17X7 15 X 6

5X114.3 5X114.3

12mmX1.5 12mmX1.5

67.1 59.6.

H H

Thanks everyone

............Dev

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
as far as I know avenger rims should fit fine just make sure the center bore for where the hub fits through is not too big or too small, if to big you will need adaptors or else the car will vibrate at certain speeds if the bore is too small you would need to get a machine shop to bore them to the right size, that could be costly but I really have no idea how much it would be

best thing would be to see if you can just test fit them first to make sure they will line up fine and the offset is okay and such.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a small machine shop in my garage and my father is a tool maker and machinist so that's not a hard thing, im just wondering if 17x7 will clear my wheel wells

·
Registered
941 Posts
17x7 is fine as long as you dont have enormous tires. I have 17x7.5 on mine

thats how mine fit and i have a 2" drop. tires size is 215/40zr/17

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love your car, its been my background on my comp for a long time, ha, thanx for the advice,

............Dev

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Our bore is 67.1 I believe. Should fit. Good luck sir :tup:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes our bore is 67.1 mm Finished machining some RX7 rims (bbs lightweights) to fit our bore last summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts