Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or atleast the headlights do.. hehe, I was looking at once parked next to my 6 (i think it mighta been 97ish?) and the headlights looked very similar in shape.. Could these maybe fit into our space with minor adjustments? Maybe? Lookin at car-part.com and you can pickup some decent shaped ones for $220 a pair.. Not bad, and they look nice as hell! No projectors but they have a crystal clear glass lens and then reflector inside..only ugly thing is orange reflector on the side for turn signal.. maybe it can be removed? Who knows... anyway just an idea i wanted to toss up for those of u who want better headlights but can't afford/dont wanna pay for jspecs..

jason

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just so you know the lights on an old model Caravan really sucks, if you do get them and find a way to fit them in upgrade the bulbs, some of the worst lights ever...but let us know if you get them to work, or plan on trying it. The orange reflector can normally be removed, it just will take some drilling possibly, but normally if you can get it loose you just break it into bits to remove it. Also can put the light housing into the oven to get warm and separate the piece, then you can work at getting the reflector out

·
Registered
806 Posts
Kinda funny

I have had the same idea. In fact my wife has a 97 Grand Voyager and I have visually scoped it out. One day after washing both and lined up in the driveway I saw it. I wonder........The outside shape seems to be pretty close, but who knows how the frame would fit, beam adjustments, etc.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hmmmm, I park my MX6 right beside my parents '96 grand caravan every day, and I've never noticed this. I agree the caravan lights look nice. I'll check it out later today when both vehicles are home.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johnny, the beam pattern sucks? Doh! My headlights suck pretty bad right now (especially with my ricey blue bulb) so hopefully those can't be much worse. I'm not going to try it, but it was just a post for others to try.. Mike, check it out please. That would be kickass if they fit! I wouldn't worry about frame because you can always fabricate your own brackets, but I would worry about the exterior fit.. Xeon, I've never seen a grand voyager but if those lights fit that would be kick ass as well :) hehe.. anyway later..

j

·
Registered
44 Posts
Too bad they won't work 'cause they would look alot nicer, all it would need is a high output bulb, 'cause stock man they suck. You can drive with high beams on and people won't flash, they seem more like a driving light at times

so the light saga continues....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts