Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
can you take civic exs

If you can beat a Civic EX you might have a chance depends on if the Neon is 5-speed or auto. My friend has a 2000 Neon auto and he kills them, all he has is Iceman-cold air and a muffler. But he loses to a 5-speed with the same mods. Theres only one way to find out...race one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you have any doubt in your mind, you need to a.) pull the potatos out of the tail pipe, or b.) push on the gas like you "have a pair." There shouldnt be any comparison at all. I hate dodge more than anything out there, you know why that is? CAUSE THEY SUCK! Neons especially. Now if its an R/T neon, thats a different story, but neons in gereral blow.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Neon....umm....yeah.....suck is a good word! If it's not the paint peeling off of the car, it's the steering wheel coming off while driving or your exaust clip ( that's holds muffler up) popping off! That's a pretty sound, and looks like there's a struck match under your car)
By the way, a buddy of mine HAD a neon. It BLEW!

G

·
Some neons a pretty quick. They can put out 130hp and don't weigh all that much. Your LX only puts out 110, but has excellent gearing for acceleration. But I say the only real power Dodge ever had was the 440 hemi, and you'll never see one of those in a neon. But give it a try, I think its a good match-up.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Someone mentioned that if it is the R/T, the race may be different. Why????? Does paint make a difference. I did not know that a big wide stipe down the middle of your car made a difference.

I could be wrong but I tought the only differnec a R/T Neon had over other Neons was a stipe and some other visual things. Nothing to the drivetrain.

Dodge does suck in quality but you cant say anything about power.

Dont forget the Viper is a Dodge.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Neon R/T's have different engines than regular neons. They have 2 liter 4s that put out 150 hp with a 5 speed trany. Im sure that a stock R/T would take a stock LX. Theres also the ACR neon which has the same 150 hp engines but are 4 doors. I have only lost to one R/T but it was turbocharged, with around 250 hp to the wheels.

·
Registered
98 Posts
my dad has a 2door acr the difference between the rt and the acr is the power options the r/t has nothin and the acr is made for creature comfort

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I beat a neon. go go lx

Neons arent bad, it was a 5 speed neon, I was the better driver and it was close, id imagine w/ a good driver the neon could take me, bairly, but take me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Some neons a pretty quick. They can put out 130hp and don't weigh all that much. Your LX only puts out 110, but has excellent gearing for acceleration. But I say the only real power Dodge ever had was the 440 hemi, and you'll never see one of those in a neon. But give it a try, I think its a good match-up.
I don't care much about the neons cause i burn one about each week... you can do the same if your clutch is where your mouth IS...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts