Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I've found that my passenger side window whistles a little. but if I put it down some and then back up it seals much better. I guess when you open and shut that door on my car it doesn't seal real great.

metros

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yep... I can say that I have no wind... the dash does the cracking thing once in a while.. but the wind i don't hear

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John_Shea said:
Yep... I can say that I have no wind... the dash does the cracking thing once in a while.. but the wind i don't hear
Do you think you could post a pic of the window closed, so I could see how the seal touches teh top of the glass?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I don't own a camria :(... but i think my girlfriend can get them from her work so i will see what i can do with getting some for you.. odds are its your weatherstriping like they all said..I can tell you that with the window rolled up the window goes over the seal, so the seal would be on the inside of the car and the glass on the outside overlaping eachother when rolled up.. its hard to explain, i will try for the pic's then you will see what iam talking about..

·
Registered
42 Posts
TJ-MX6 said:
I got some noise at the top of the DS window when closed. A slight whistle..but the window does close tight when fully up...I guess not tight enough.
I Have the same as you with the Probe and i also get a bit of water in when i go through the drive through car wash.:tdown:

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Excellent link. Very informative and may resolve the issue.
I dont go thru 'drive-thru' car washes...and I dont get any water in, during the rain, with the window closed....so I might only be out of alignment slightly......:shrug:
edit..
I also notice when I close my DS door from the outside, the top of the glass, where it strikes the A pillar, near the top of the arch, pinches the weather stripping.. just at that point...so I generally close the door by pushing the glass (near the door itself - not at the top of the glass)...or pass my keyfob under the rubber to lift it over the glass............

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TJ-MX6 said:
Excellent link. Very informative and may resolve the issue.
I dont go thru 'drive-thru' car washes...and I dont get any water in, during the rain, with the window closed....so I might only be out of alignment slightly......:shrug:
edit..
I also notice when I close my DS door from the outside, the top of the glass, where it strikes the A pillar, near the top of the arch, pinches the weather stripping.. just at that point...so I generally close the door by pushing the glass (near the door itself - not at the top of the glass)...or pass my keyfob under the rubber to lift it over the glass............
Just adjust the glass stop I've done it before its easy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts