Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if anyone else keeps a running total amount of the money they spend on their car.

I just got done going through some recent receipts and updating the windows notepad file containing my parts list. I've spent $18,174.80 USD :eek::eek: on my car over the 6 years that I've had it (Not including the original price of the car, oil changes, gas, regular maintenance, my wheels, old tires, and anything else I may have forgotten about or don't have paperwork for). This includes my motor rebuild w/ labor, my new suspension w/ labor, my new tires w/ labor, and all the parts I have installed on the car over the years and the parts waiting in my attic until I am motivated enough to get them installed.

There's still a ways to go yet too. :shrug: I think I have a problem...

If I ever get all the parts on my parts list installed I'm looking at another $7,634.99 (including a turbo setup) plus labor and tuning time. That's not even including body work or fresh paint. ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
i lost track after 7500. includes car(2k)bunch of oem cd players, first clutch/flywhl labor, (second i did myself) a whole lot of maintenence parts,

not to mention a turbo kit that i have sitting in garage.....and parts i just bought like ze cams, xtreme ecu, etc. it'll just keep going,

its not fun at all but its what the car needs. at least to me.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
if i did, id cry...

·
Registered
752 Posts
I thought i was bad with about $4000AUD and wat is an mx6 worth in the USA mine still worth $6000 so i havnt spent the price of the car YET

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
well, from 4/30/07 to 12/31/08 it was $1456.74 in parts and $300 in labor just for the maintenance. On cosmetics/performance I spent $656.23. $4.99 on bandaids. Still have to see what this years costs will add up to, cosmetics/performance will be much higher, maintenance will be much lower unless the timing belt mileage runs up before 01/01/09

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i must have spent about 10K

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
my last mx6 was at 4832.76 without the cost of the car, then i traded it off for this one which is only at 2387.48. By the time im done doing what i want to do to it ill have about 15k invested on a 2200 car. But hey, you fix up the car you feel comfortable with right?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
New, rare, fast, and the envy of people on mx6.com I just wish my fiancee would understand my car hobby lol.

·
Registered
941 Posts
i think im up to about 4,000. A little over 7 if you include the price of the car. And i have only had it a little over a year

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Exactly! That's why I don't feel bad rebuilding my Mx6. Eventually everything will be new....
As long as you drive it.

Not much left that I can upgrade or replace on mine.. i kinda get down about it because I put less then 600miles on it this summer. I put 600 miles on my daily every 2 weeks.. and ive probaly put $2k into it the last 3yrs..including what I payed for the car.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
The tally after the accident last year totaled the car out at $14,900 with all the aftermarket parts, $4k value of the car, and $3k of my own labor claimed as well, so around $7-8k beyond the car itself.

On the current car, I'm somewhere near $12k AFTER the car. I'm sure were I to add everything up, likely $18k.

And that's no boost, just a stock KLDE with bolt ons for power...The $$$ is in the handling department :)

Ryan

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i tried adding it up, but it scared me so i stopped :p

ive deff spent 15grand total over the last 2 years on her (including buying)

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
I stoped counting years ago.
Same here. When I do start counting, I have to stop because it's depressing.

At least in my case, when I get rip of each car, the mods carryt over to each new car. Sorta nice that way, so I havent really lost any of the money selling it off...

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't count, but 30 sec of thinking ... smth about 12000$ - rims&rubber, paint, bodykit, engine, audio (more or less), interior (more or less) and sound damping

1 - 20 of 39 Posts