Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people
Does anyone have a front strut tower bar? And if so which is it and how much did you get it for? I just got a rear strut tower bar (from a '90 GT) and it made so much difference I wanna front one. Maybe I'll make one.

thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I plan on getting a Freedom Designs strut bar. You can get it for $40 at nopi, and about $70 everywhere else. The only thing is that nopi is backordered up the ass for this bar. I've seen it and it's a very nice bar. The only thing is that it's not a direct fit for our cars. The bar is actually for the 2ndgen 4cyl mx6, but can be easily made to fit our cars by dremeling the bolt holes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
We just got done with a Bulk Buy on Probe Talk. I should be recieveing my Top Speed one shortly. Actually I shouldn't say we just got done its been going for aa few months. they just now got shipped.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you were talking to me, mine is a front bar. I plan on picking up a rear one from a junk yard sometime.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to manifest

I don't have digital camera or working scanner right now so I can't post pictures of the rear bar. You can't see anything anyways with the trunk carpet in there - the carpet covers the strut bolts and mounts for the bar, so all the pics would show is a black metal bar going across the trunk. In order to install it you have to cut a circle in the carpet on each side for the bar to go through, and make sure you get it right to first time! You can do this by looking at your installed bar (without the carpet) in relation to a hole one of the carpet fasteners fits in, then you look at your carpet for that hole for the fastener and estimate were to cut your hole for the bar. This will makes sense when you actually do it. You should get one, it does make a big difference...less rattles, better suspension resonse. I got mine from the Mazda dealer; cost about $90. (I live in a podunk town with no junk yards that have foreign cars).

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yes, I was talking about the front one, want to see some pics after you get it installed. I was thinking about picking one up also.

Manifest

·
Registered
82 Posts
I finally received my front strut bar today (which was bought from the bulk buy on the ProbeTalk board). The finish is great, but (as Anarchy said) the bolt holes must be ovaled to allow alignment to the strut tower bolts (I'm working on that right now). I can post pics of the finished install if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Those bolt holes shouldn't have to be ovaled we found out. Asylum sent the wrong damn bars.

Oh wait my bad you are talking about the a Freedom Designs bar. heh.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Looks like I might be getting one of the TopSpeed 1st gen front strut bars from http://2thepits.com They have it for $60 and are willing to do a bulk buy on them. They also have them in stock. Anyways, anyone else interested?

Manfiest

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, Ig ot mine today, but since it doesn't fit I am sending it back for the one that will.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Looks like I am going to be saving up to purchase the corksport bar. This bar is offset so that the bar goes behind the TB. In doing this I will not have to cut or modify any of the mounting hardware that sits on top of my current strut towers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts