Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i am a fan of the pshhhh but im just asking does it make any noise?
My mum was driving slowly and i think i heard something like a flutter sound.
Does any one know how i can make the bpv louder?(if it does actually make a sound)

Dont flame me please lol

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
When I drove my friend's 1st gen I heard no noise, and I bet that there isn't one because it isn't releasing the air out, it's putting it back. Don't worry, the first time I drove it I asked where the noise was too :) I personally prefer them without one unless the car is fast.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Mine makes a great deal of noise.
I think its got a leak tho :p

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you up the boost a little and put on an intake you will hear a little nosie but it's not to loud. When i installed my boost controler and went for a ride around the block all my friends thought i installed a bov but i never heard a thing(i had no intake). So maybe it's louder outside of the car and not in. But with an intake you can hear it in the car.

·
Registered
790 Posts
get an intake and u cant miss the sound. Especially on colder nights, mine is almost aftermarket loud, possibly leaking at 11 psi, but i like it

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I find mine is quite noticeable. I'm not on stock boost and I have a cone filter though...

It's fun driving past people and getting the quick wtf was that glance.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
You won't hear the stock bypass valve unless you remove the silencer in the driver's side fender. The silencer is there because most people who bought the car new don't like the sound of a bypass valve. Now that these cars have gotten old and reached a younger audience that silencer box gets removed more often by installing a warm air intake, and you have the sound.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Disagree. I still have the silencer.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
xtermin8or said:
where is that silencer?? i have RHD also
if you look on the passenger side next to your battery and air filter or cone filter, theres a plastic tube hole that leads into the fender

mines just a hole, cos the vent was cut off when a different air filter was put in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh but if i take it off wont i need a new filter??(i forgot if its detacheable from the actual filter box) ill check tomorow because is 12 at night now. hehe

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

heres mine. im not sure if its "detachable" (mines been sawn off :lol: ) what setup you have? the silencer is no big deal, its not going to interfere with any filter you put on it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
91turbo666 said:

heres mine. im not sure if its "detachable" (mines been sawn off :lol: ) what setup you have? the silencer is no big deal, its not going to interfere with any filter you put on it
Mines completely stcok. My whole car is stock except for a timer, but cutting that off will give me crapier airflow if i countinue to use the stock box. no?
Im looking into buying a k&n pod but autobarn doesnt have any square adapters for my airflow meter!!!:(

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
the only problem i can think of is that you will be sucking air in from the engine bay. which isnt such a big deal. and also thats assuming that the silencer doesnt restrict air flow in any way. a little project ill do when i am bored is try to remove the sliencer and simply have a vent that will blow cool outside air onto a cone filter.

can someone tell me where the vent for the silencer is on the front of the car?

·
Registered
790 Posts
what is so hard about putting in that pod??? Mine is identical!

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Boosting6 said:
what is so hard about putting in that pod??? Mine is identical!
finding the parts - the adapter plate i think. supercheap....autobahn.... where did you get yours boosting? how much was it? im trying to find one as well, though im not putting much effort into looking atm :cool:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I believe the adapter plate you seek is the same on used on the late 80's toyota corolla. should be less than $15 USD.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts