Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm listening to the stereo as I'm driving down the road, when all of a sudden the amp decides it needs to cut the poer to the speaker. All the wires are good, all the fuses are good. The amp i have is a pyramid(I know, cheap POS, but i'm broke, and it was 20 bucks.) Any ideas on what it might be?

EDIT: oh, and the thing has some lights on the outside, but some of 'em stopped coming on the same time as the speaker cut out.

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool beans, now i just have to wait till i get home from turkey day to figure it out. I'll post up if i got more q.'s, thanks guys. Oh, and i'm not sure if it has a warning light on it, but I don't think it was on, cuz it was like 45 degrees in the car, unless there is a too cold(?).

EDIT: and i'm retarded when it comes to actually fixing this stuff, so how would one go about fixing the sub? Unless you just mean the wires from the amp to the sub, and those are good...

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
amps dont have a low-temp shut off. here in Canada: it gets STUPIDLY cold.. and the amps love the cold stuff since they work more effeciently at colder temps.. and since the temps keep the circuitry nice and cool... they have less of a chance or frying.. primarily due to over-heating.. since most capactors have a low point of of -60 C and HIGH point of 120 degree F. (just so you know)

When it comes to "fixing the sub" the wiring is the key.. for that you can use a multi-meter.. otherwise use some common sense.

repairing an actual sub is practically impossible.. unless you'd be happy with a "Frank-en-sub" end result.

let a pro do the ACTUAL sub repairs..

( thats what I do: the 6kw beast is getting re-furbished professionally)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts