Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i recently did my head gasket and cleaned all the tappets everything was running sweet!!!

this weekend i was driving home and drove over a glass bottle doh anyway before i got home the car cooked its self so i stopped and it seems as though some glass cut the radiator hose:cry: any way it cooked the head gasket now i have to do it again twice in 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tdown:

anyway after i have done that i think i will sell her :cry:?? around the £900

i have been offered an import skyline 1994 gts-t 2.5 single turbo full service history 89k, ABS,AIR CON,TRACTION CONTROL,ALARM full electrics and body kit. £2400

only thing is its an automatic dose anyone know how good they are with autos and are they reliable?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
don't sell!!!
wait a year
skyline prices will go a lot down as new models r comin out!!

and seems like u have a lot of history with ur car! keep her! just do the head...
do u do it urself ?
if so there\s a set on ebay for 65 (search for probe)
good luck

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i do the work my self, thing thats annoyed me is i did the gasket along with all the belts, bearings, tensioner, water pump, sparks and leads and a total top engine gasket replacement all at the end of october :(. for her 180k birthday.

oh yeah and in september i changed her from and auto to a manual and added a cai,oil catch tank and breather system so theres no hot vapours, mx3 flywheel and a nice clutch. i did buy a 2003 merc supercharger as well which i was gonna put on her. but i think its easier to just but a proper forced induction car.

·
Registered
822 Posts
just count yourself as unlucky and do it again.... remember to check for warping. Skylines are cool.... almost got one myself, but the insurance can be alittle high! and lets face it when it comes to looks.... its the mx6 every time!
give me karma for that comment guys!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im gonna change the heads for the two off my spare engine in the green house just to be safe.

will 97 heads fit on a 94 engine

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I can't see why not, unless there is something they changed.. but nothing springs to mind..

John

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when im done fixing her i will probally be selling her.

180,000 miles engine internals have next to know wear ive checked them twice lol

1994 mx6 2.5v6
new top end rebuild and full gasket replacement
new water pump
new spark plugs
new spark leads
CAI
Oil catch tank
HKS oil cap
Banjo mod
auto - manual conversion with mx3 flywheel
ken custom spearkers all round
oil pressure gauge safed my arse twice now
water temp gauge
air/fuel ratio gauge
indgo reverse dials cluster
real good body condition waxed every other sunday with maguairs products
red colour not pink or orange lol

£900

devon

dose this seem fair

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I think only the US models changed to solid lifters Gerry...

John

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi yes i will get the old digi cam out an take some pics for you.

well i havent got the time to fix the mazda at the moment:cry: so as i have to do a 120 mile round trip to work everyday i had to buy a new car :( also once fixed the mx6 will be going but not to any chavy person.

(no flaming now) i bought a bmw 320i se 1994:help: :shrug: well its got mint body work and paint work, 140,000miles full service history up to 6k ago, i got two sets of alloys with tyres all for £550:jump: once i got home i had to check her out hpi to make sure she wasnt nicked, every things ok.

Its nice to have 4drs again as i can take the little one out in my car now and theres a big boot:).
But oh my god it is so fucking SLOW i thought a stright 6 2.0ltr 24v would move something close to quick:shrug: . but rear wheel drive is proving fun at least})
any ideas on how to make it quicker?? (oh it did come with a scorpian cat back system and a cai)

i hope i will still be welcome on this site as i have visited bmw sites and all i can say was (i had to answer questions like wheres my dip stick and i think my bwm is four wheel drive) honestly the stereo type is correct:lol: .
and i think that this site is full of down to earth people who dont say anything unless they know what their talking about:tup: :tup:

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Of course you're welcome to stay here.... 6 or no 6.. it's part of the contract... :)

eh Dave.... Mike, Andy, James, Ken, Welton, Marty, Kimbelle etc etc etc

John

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi all

mazdas nearly fixed ive been taking it lightly:drinkup:

anyway the bmw's still slow and it is a manual radseen, hey it snowed down here for like a week and rear wheel drive with 235/45/17 front and back was a bit scary:lol: . Even the slightest of an incline we are talking anything like a small hump back bridge like we get over canals and the car wont make it up the hill:V :muhaha: i actually had to find a new way home to my house which did'nt include any slopes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts