Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seemed like there was a strong push to get bushings for the 1g, and now that i've got them i can hardly believe how few sets i've sold to you guys!

i thought you all were hardcore compared to us pussy 2genners.

/shameless advertisement.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I will attest to the niceness of these bushings, they are 100x what the stock NEW bushings are.

Colin, the price might be driving away, since a lot of 1g'rs are cheap bastards.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Shoot! They work fantastic! Fabulous work! It could be money and they cant afford it?? Not that you efforts of fixing an annoying problem isn't worth the $50. But I'm just saying... For anyone with horrible shifter slop these bushings are the real deal.

Edit* LOL I posted this right when Zach did... How IrOnIc!

·
Registered
437 Posts
P.S. I like being a cheap bastard!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Where were these 2 yrs ago when I changed mine out for stock ones. :p

I'll buy a set, but my shifter's sloppiness comes from an irreplaceable part.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I fitted these too, and theyre a great improvement, but yeah maybe the remaining 1st Genners are tightarses, and their car is only worth as much as the bushings :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
I would, but I'm going to have GM5X-R installed, and that thing has a cable shifter...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol oookkayyyyyyyy, you all ARE cheap bastards.

best 44 bucks you could ever spend, though ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Where were these 2 yrs ago when I changed mine out for stock ones. :p

I'll buy a set, but my shifter's sloppiness comes from an irreplaceable part.
What irreplaceable part?

·
Registered
564 Posts
i think i have the same problem as RbluEMx6. the bushings on the shifter rod on the trans side are shot. but not the ones where the bolt goes, its the other one that looks like it is pressed in.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
lol oookkayyyyyyyy, you all ARE cheap bastards.

best 44 bucks you could ever spend, though ;)
Not as cheap as the 2nd gayners..........

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i didnt even no that these were for the 1gen. i thought that they were made for 2gens only. thats why i bought a (cough,cough) civic shifter.. and i like it..

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i didnt even no that these were for the 1gen. i thought that they were made for 2gens only. thats why i bought a (cough,cough) civic shifter.. and i like it..
doesn't matter the shifter, they will still work at both ends, shifter and trans side.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
ooooo....my trans one are looking beat.. since demanded has dropped has the price?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
i think i have the same problem as RbluEMx6. the bushings on the shifter rod on the trans side are shot. but not the ones where the bolt goes, its the other one that looks like it is pressed in.
which one are you talking about? i bought Mazda replacements about a year ago and i replaced every bushing with no problem.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-faq-general/195546-diy-shifter-bushing-replacement-pics-galore.html

here is the instructions on how to replace them on the 1st gen... these also apply to the uber cool bushings being sold here same process better part

btw i wish u had these available last year i would have snatched up a set

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i changed mine when i did my turbo swap with the stock ones cause i got them sooo cheap and i still have a tight shifter

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ooooo....my trans one are looking beat.. since demanded has dropped has the price?
sorry, nope. they are extremely reasonable as far as im concerned.

also, check PT. demand has only increased.
i changed mine when i did my turbo swap with the stock ones cause i got them sooo cheap and i still have a tight shifter
i will bet you good money you'll still see a great improvement.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
they look nice...wish they were around when i had to replace mine.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ohhhh c'mon.

your guys' cars are 20 years old, they are due for at LEAST two changes.

you old fucks ;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts