Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah.... this is my best friend's RX-8.... his house went up ablaze a few weeks ago and here is what's left of his car... it was parked in front of his garage. his brother had a 12 second evo parked in the garage.. which is where the fire started. no known cause. but both their cars were chared (especially the evo).
the rx-8's engine compartment was completely melted and so were the side mirrors and the dashboard. i dont have anymore pictures.. but i think this explains alot.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
:sigh: o my god, that is just sad, very very sad. I really wish I had a car that nice. Insurance paying for it?:eek:

·
Registered
295 Posts
i dont like that paint job or the body kit..... that sucks id be more upset about the evo i dont really like rx8s a whole lot to begin with but if i had one i would be pissed

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah... insurance is taking care of it. he doesn't want another one though.. so insurance is paying it off for him. he's got a civic bubble that he's working on now. as for his brother.. he was able to recover a few things off the car.. (exhaust, intercooler, most piping, cams, blow off.. etc.) the evo had waaaay too much stuff in it. that thing dyno'd at 420whp and 435 torque. really sad that it was gone in a few seconds.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, the rx-8 was taken last week to get crushed because it's waaay beyond repair. the wheels look ok in the picture, but when looked at up close in person, the front wheel was spider-webbed. i guess the heat really got to it.

this is his mother's brand new mazda 6 that was parked directly in front of the garage next to the rx-8.
what you're looking at was the engine bay which blew up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:( ouch that hurts. dam i hurt for the owner :-\

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wow that really sucks, They lost 3 nice cars and a garage.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
MX6_VTECH said:
ehhh it'll buff out :lol:

Well glad everyone is ok, I'd be so pissed if that happened to me.
.... i'd cry... alot... for days...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jason said:
.... i'd cry... alot... for days...
yeah... we all did. i live a block away.. he was having dinner w/ family, all my friends were at my house waiting for him when he called me about the fire. being that we saw the fire happen and knowing it was too late to stop it was devastating. not only did they loose 3 awesome cars, but they lost half their house.
i dunno... a message to all of you to be careful.. you never know when sh*t can happen.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Damn... The important thing is that everyone is okay though. Cars can be replaced, people can't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts