Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally replaced the driver side door hinges. As I was taking everything apart I noticed that the old, stock hinges had 3 mounting holes to the chassis. One bolted from inside the car and 2 from the outside to the inside. Well, the new ones only have 2 bolt holes on the chassis side! So far, they seem to be holding up okay. Might still need some tweeking but I don't have the door trying to open every time I shut it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
The 3rd, middle, slotted stud, flat nut and pointed inserts holding the slotted stud are there to make door installation easier at the factory, the center pin on the mount can be pulled out of the hole in the the frame, it can pivot with the play in the other hinge mount holes but can also move up/down in/out and therefor secures nothing in place except the door while the bolts are being installed to secure it.
As long as you used new lock washers your door won't open and fall off while driving. I am kidding, the old bolts and washer hold door swaps over and over again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts