Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 88 lx and the door light on the in side wont go off some one told me it could be the timer becouse they use to fade awy when the door was closed but now they stay on all the time. my questin is dose any one know where the timer is exactly?

·
Registered
60 Posts
the cable

if u don't need th elight to come on at all u can just unplug it. you pop the door panel off and there are two little plugs u take off. i dont' know where the timer would be but it sounds like the senser isnm't working. the one that tells when the door is closed at all. i dont' nkow where taht is either

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
light problem

its not the sensor because when the door is open it beep and when i close the door it stops beeping also the indicator light in the dash gose of too so the only thing it could be is the timer .my problem is I know it in the dash board but I dont know where or what it looks like.

·
Registered
52 Posts
"IF U DON'T NEED THE LIGHT TO COME ON AT ALL U CAN JUST UNPLUG IT"

I believe this would be a "Band-Aid" fix.I hate it when previous owners make them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I believe the way the fade works on the light is that it is just a capacitor that slowly discharges after you close the door. If it was shorted out maybe it would be your problem, but I doubt that would happen.

Which light is staying on? Driver door, passenger door, dome light, or all 3? Also, the door sensor should be along the inside frame and it's just a button you can manually press in to simulate a closed door. I'm betting your door just isn't lining up properly and can't fully latch all the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the dimmer I know it is but any way I just want to find out where it is and get the dam thing fixed..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts