Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are our cars equipped with driver and passanger side door lock actuators? or just the passanger side. i need to know so a friend can qoute me on a car alarm install.

·
Registered
457 Posts
this might be hijacking, but i just noticed (because i dont use the door) that when i unlock my driver door, the passenger side lock only goes up 1/3 to 1/2 of the way that it normally should. the door still actually unlocks, but does this mean i need a new actuator?

goin home in 4 days, so a junkyard day is in store...just need to know what to add to the list

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
dweigand said:
when i unlock my driver door, the passenger side lock only goes up 1/3 to 1/2 of the way that it normally should. the door still actually unlocks, but does this mean i need a new actuator?
Not necessarily - I would check to make sure the door panel is not interfering with the movement of the door lock - if the door panel isn't on quite right it can bind that door lock. Might be the actuator though. Try pulling the panel and see if things move more smoothly.

·
Registered
457 Posts
yea well i havent touched the panel in like....well...ever. so i wasnt thinking about that. and its cold as balls now so i was thinking it might be one of the 10,000 problems my car develops come winter.

plus, my neighbor and i took a handsaw tonight and cut down a pine tree from across the street in the woods, dragged it back, propped it up in our front yard in some random drainage hole, and put christmas lights all over it. trust me, it's hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.