Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone happen to know if the left and right door lock cylinders are interchangeable? I'm assuming that they are different, however I'm just wondering if there is a way to interchange them at all.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Try an internet search to see if they have the same part number.

I'm getting mixed results for part number GA2A76220F (some sites said "right", but a German site said "L", which I think stands for "links" or "left").

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try an internet search to see if they have the same part number.

I'm getting mixed results for part number GA2A76220F (some sites said "right", but a German site said "L", which I think stands for "links" or "left").
Yeah I tried to do some research but to no extent could I really find any info on them. I know that there are two different Mazda part numbers for the left and right side but I haven't really been able to find out if they are physically different. Unfortunately that's just how it is with a lot of parts for these cars, they're hard to find or even find much info about online. I guess I'll just have to open up the mechanism and compare them...

·
Registered
51 Posts
On a side note related to door locks and the alarm system:

- if you lock the drivers side door, but the passenger side door does not lock, how to fix that.....is that a mechanical issue or an electrical issue ? Normally it will lock together when the drivers side door is locked and unlocked

- because of the above, then the passenger side door needs to be manually done to lock it. The trouble with that is now, with both doors locked, the alarm will go off everytime when you unlock the drivers side door. Is there a procedure to reset the alarm ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts