Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im currently in the process of installing a klze. so i have the power disconnected in my car. ive been having a problem with my door locks since disconnecting my power. i dont know if its related or not. when i lock the doors by hand and then shut the doors they still open back up. however when i close the door then lock with the key they are fine. is this just due to not having power to the lock actuators?:confused:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i was just locking them and then shutting them. am i supposed to pull up on the handle?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
lol

lock it, then hold the handle up, and shut it, and then let the handle down.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i just went outside and tried this. i feel like such and ass. can anyone tell y they designed the cars like this though?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Lorn said:
ok i just went outside and tried this. i feel like such and ass. can anyone tell y they designed the cars like this though?
To help prevent you from locking your keys in the car by forcing you to take an active role in locking the door, instead of shutting it when the lock is engaged without you knowing it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This isn't quite the same as what you guys are talking about but I bought my mx6 and it already had an aftermarket alarm with power locks installed and it's been giving me some grief when it comes to locking and unlocking. There has been a cold morning when I went out to my car and it wouldn't unlock properly so I couldn't get my door open and now recently it's been having a problem with locking properly. When I hit the lock button the alarm turns on but the door doesn't lock. Does anyone know what I need to do or should I take it to the place that installed the alarm and get them to fix the problem??? I have the receipt from the alarm and power locks being installed so I do have the proof of who did the work but it doesn't say anything about warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts