Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Hope all is well!

Just got back from an amazing 4000km Road Trip with the 6. Fantastic Driving in the mountains in Vernon and Golden.

Low and Behold I get home and find my much awaited Sills from the UK. I found them with shipping for $60CDN. Pulled them out of the box and they were in fair condition. Scuffed up and worn, but in very salvageable condition.

I headed off to Lordco to purchase sand paper and a polishing kit after referencing this older MX6 Door Sills Cleanup & Install http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-faq-appearance/194766-how-clean-install-m-edition-door-sills.html

Couple weeks back I ordered the proper gromets from Mazda to install them.

Below is a couple of hours worth of work on one Sill. I wanted to loose the matt finish and bring out a brilliant high polish. All in All worked rather well.

The only thing I need is the beige trim instead of the black ones. If I can't find any, I will paint them.

·
Super Moderator
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi PaulG

I used 600 Grit Sandpaper to start. No problems whatsoever. No deep scratches from the sanding, and it took care of some good scrapes in the metal from the prior owner.

Hand was sore after a couple of hours per sill, did it over the course of a couple of days. After I did the 600 Grit, I used the polishing kit in the picture above. I skipped the first buff paste since it was for hard metal. Did step 2 and polished - Pictures speak for themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts