Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was just wondering dose every 6 come with a sun roof. and are they the ones where u can just lift up for a brezz or do they slid back into the roof?

and dose every six come with a car alarm?

dose any company make a turbo kit for a v6 mx-6?

i think thats all my questions for now..

no flaming plz

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
im assuming ur talking about second gens soo.....

not every second gen mx6 comes with a sunroof. the ones that do, have 2 stage sunroofs. the first stage opens it about an inch and a half, to let in a little breeze. the second stage slides it back over the roof not into the roof.

every 2ges six ive ever seen has had an alarm. AFAIK all of them have alarms.

there are a couple companies that make turbos for second gens. i cant think of them off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Alex_v said:
ok i was just wondering dose every 6 come with a sun roof. and are they the ones where u can just lift up for a brezz or do they slid back into the roof?

and dose every six come with a car alarm?

dose any company make a turbo kit for a v6 mx-6?

i think thats all my questions for now..

no flaming plz
Not every six comes with a sunroof, but mine has one :).

Not every six has an alarm, unfortunatly i dont have one :(, but that will change soon enough.

No company really makes a turbo "kit", you can buy ur own components and build it. Goatcrap is selling a piping kit, which is prolly a good idea to look into unless you could make your own, or know someone who could.

-Bryce

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
TK Knight makes a turbo kit, but it's no good. Not much from them is.

A custom turbo setup is not going to be too cheap or too easy, though...it's not all about just buying some pipe and sticking them in. When you add more air into the air/fuel ratio, you have to make sure the other side is balanced. This means upgrading your fuel pump and fuel injectors. Then you have to worry about an ECU that can control all of that. Also, you have to worry about cooling (both engine and boosted air). Intercoolers require more piping in a tight space, and an aftermarket radiator might be necessary - turbos create a lot of underhood heat.

I think Mici or SolarSlash would be good people to ask about what they went through. Just PM them - I am sure they can tell you their stories.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
no there are a few compaines that make i4 turbo kits just cant remeber who they are cause its doesnt matter to me w/ my ls

edit: my bad didnt c that he had a v6

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Sprockett said:

I think Mici or SolarSlash would be good people to ask about what they went through. Just PM them - I am sure they can tell you their stories.
always willing to help :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts