Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting close to purchasing millenia S injectors. Are there any downfalls when installing them? I basically just install them into the KL01 fuel rails and start her up. But i thought i read on here where Robii had a bad idle from the injectors??? Any info please

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
You are going nitrous now yer??

Um they should start right up IF you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. You need to lower the Fuel pressure to about 35psi or so down from 44psi stock. Just until it idles really. Adjustable fpr's are piss easy to use.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool, because im going to be getting the probaddiction FPR in sometime first of april? and a 190lph walbro fuel pump. thanks turk

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
No worries champ.

I got a Sard adjustable Fuel pressure regulator for $140AU delivered. That is like $120US. Then got the MBX fuel rail adapter from Pearsonmx6 with a bunch of other stuff. Cheaper then a $300 fuel kit :).

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes.. yes it is cheaper. the probeaddiction one comes with the adapter. just like the mbx one basically just 100$ cheaper.

and nitrous? me? maybe? :D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still it would be nice to have a tad bit better injectors on there. starting off with 50, then going to 75. blaster, we have talked about this!!

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
with the 190 fuel pump, make sure you get the high pressure version.

There was a chart floating around a few years ago showing the 190, 190 HP, and 255/hp variants and their relative flow at different pressures.

above 65psi, the non high pressure one actually flowed similar to just a stock pump and above that, fed LESS fuel... the higher pressure version is meant to run at near full flow rate up until (roughly) 90 psi.

Also - i would just go with the 255 and be done with it. You'll likely not outgrow it, should you decide to start going with a bigger shot.

The price difference is almost nill, and the biggest part of it is the install.. not something you'd want to re-do if you found you've outgrown your 190. (i made that mistake which is why i rec. just going straight to a 255. It won't heat up the fuel appreciably more, nor will it affect fuel economy, since you'll be regulating it downstream anyways.

I had to lower my S injectors down to 28,29 psi to get it to idle without smoking. Keep in mind there are different year S injectors... the earliest flow 280cc, and the latter version (unconfirmed with any sort of consistency, except by anecdotal evidence from ppl like us who retrofit them) which have bench flow tested showing 310cc, etc. Play around with it to get it between the lowest base pressure without stutter, and the highest without smoke.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have tested and proven that you can use an AFC, such as an Apexi S-AFC, S-AFC2, or NEO, to control our millennia s injectors at idle and cruise and get good mpg. I got 28 on them on the highway. It idles great too! On stock fuel pressure also.

310cc mill s injectors. 14.7 at cruise. 11.3 under boost. :)

Here is a video showing how to install an AFC:

How To: Apexi AFC Neo Installation MX6: http://youtu.be/DqmZHDjU704

1 - 12 of 12 Posts