Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day mexers
I’ve got another problem/question about my mex. Can anyone help me? {Probably some one with the work shop manual} From the gearbox to the CV, on the drivers side {Aust.}. There is a shaft and a bearing of some sort. It appears to be worn out, I can move it slightly from side to side, and there is a bit of a droning noise coming from its direction . Does anyone know what size the baring is {so I can try to source a non-genuine one}, and any tips on how to chainage it. Oh and what is it called????
PK

:)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
do you have the right hand drive?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes
I'm in Australia.
We drive on the right over here.
Funny that..... :D

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i guess if youre right, were wrong huh? ...n/m... that wasnt funny.

anyways, i needed to know which side of the car it was on sooo... here we go. there are really two bearings on the right hand side of the car. one it attached to the engine, its an axle support, and the other is the wheel bearing. i think you are talking about the axle support but clarify that for me first...

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the wheel bearing, the inner C.V. plugs into this one.
Cheers...
PK

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
mts3 said:
I believe it's called the intermediate shaft.
axle, halfshaft, intermediate shaft, banana-split shaft... call it what you want.

im not sure how much the 'support' costs, but the replacement would require disassembly of the CV unit, which might be a good idea for inspection purposes as well...

just for clarification, its the one bolted to the block right?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G'day Mate
Yes it is bolted onto the engine.
I noticed it had allot of free play when I was changing my inner C.V.{when I went to plug it in to the shaft }
So are you saying that the support is all one unit, the bearing can't be removed separately, you have to replace the whole thing? :(
P.K.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
theres supposed to be some play but not much. i dont recall when i had mine out if it had a bearing or not... you probably can just replace the bearing if it looks worn out...

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know anyone who would have a factory workshop manual ?{one with an exploded view of the intermediate shaft support.}So I could perhaps find a non-genuine bearing, because I was hopping to have one {the bearing} so that I could do the change over all at the one time.
I now I’ve repeated my self, but do you get what I mean? ;) Thanks mate....PK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts