Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem?

In 1st gear at parking lot speeds, my car jerks fore/aft very abruptly when applying the throttle--not 'punching' it either, just a regular tip in. I suspect it's just drivetrain slack in motor or transaxle mounts; if so has anyone tried replacing these or urethane ones as a fix?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Easiest way to test if it's the engine mounts is to open the hood and have a friend watch the engine as you apply gas to it with the e-brake on. If the enigne lifts forward or back a fair amount when in 1st or reverse then you have a bad mount. As for replacement mounts you can get stocks fromt he dealer, slightly stiffer ones from MazdaSpeed, through http://www.Corksport.com, or contact Travis Williams on Probetalk and order his solid front and trans mounts. the solid ones are great, I've got the front one and it really improved stop light launches, but be prepared for a little more vibration of the car at idle. Changing the mount is actually very easy, you just pull down the splash guardfor access to the 3 bolts, bust you're knuckles trying to loosen them, and replace it.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts