Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you replaced the drivers side front wheel bearing in your mx6/626/probe?

I need to know if I can buy just the bearing and have the bearing pressed into the hub, or do I have to buy the bearing/hub assembly from the dealer and have the whole assembly pressed into the hub.

My mechanic doesn't see how you can press in a "bearing/hub" assembly and still get the snap ring into the spindle. He says the you need to press in the bearing first, then put the snap ring into the spindle, then press the hub in.

Please help!
VA626

·
Registered
734 Posts
WHAT!? You mean you don't like the amazing wer wer wer wer wer sound coming from your car!? Oh well. You can buy the bearing and have it pressed into the knuckle. What I did was bought the bearings, took everything apart, got the knuckle with the bearing still in it and then took that along with the new bearing to my friends auto shop. He popped out the old one and pressed in the new one. Then just put everything back together and you're all done. :D

If you doing it yourself, I just hope you have a breaker bar to get that stubborn end screw off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts