Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went this weekend to remove the driveshafts to replace them and they wont come out, at all. Now my grandfather has a 1996 V6 automatic and his passenger side came out with a little effort and we are going to do the driverside today. Does any one know why mine arent coming out and what can I do about it. I thought about diassembling the inner CV joint and replacing everything from that point. Is this a good idea or does anyone have a better suggestion?

·
Registered
499 Posts
My 93 (MTX) driver side was a bit of a b*tch to get out. Someone (sorry I forget who you are) did a write up about this and said that if you roll the axle while pulling it comes out easier. I tried this and it worked for me.

·
Registered
822 Posts
there are a few threads both here and on the UK forums with some good info.... i had the same problem and sometiems they just get totally siezed in the hub, and i mean totally.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
did u also remember to take out the bolts holding the drive axle bracket to the block? i tried to pull the axle out of a 6 at work one time but couldnt becuase i missed those bastard bolts.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
neptune_51 said:
did u also remember to take out the bolts holding the drive axle bracket to the block? i tried to pull the axle out of a 6 at work one time but couldnt becuase i missed those bastard bolts.
haha I get so many people with that one.

The driver side is always tough on the MX6. ALWAYS. You should remove the passenger side first, because it gives you access to pound the other axle out through the splines.

-Andrew

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the help, I just ended up rebuilding the innerjoints out with the new driveshafts I bought, it was almost easier. Hopefully it wont cause any problems.xxtavixx karma for the good advice, I will try this next time I remplace them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts