Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 626 turbo with a problem that all the dealers in town refuse to acknowlege. Under acceleration or load (Like climbing a steep hill), the cars drivetrain starts to shake violently, will jump out of 5th gear, and is generally making unhappy noises under power around right turns. Its not axles (new), clutch or related (new). The engine and all related electronics are perfect, the car runs sub 7 second 0-60, what the heck is going on? The dealers here in the city won't let me drive them into conditions where the problems are really noticable, +50mph, in the higher gears, but I can feel them in 2nd and 3rd myself. whats going on?!

·
Registered
470 Posts
my car does something kanda similar but i dont think theyr the same. when using 3rd for engine braking like downhill, holding about 3000-3500rpm it gets very jolty like a learner driver taking off. ive been told its to do with my timing being out but i dont really know. if i ever actually have any money i might get it checked out i spose

·
Registered
75 Posts
Both problems could be engine/tranny mounts, although capellaGTS's problem sounds more like this.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shaker

Thanx for the replies! Wires, cap, rotor, new, exhaust system free of restrictive devices, K&N air filter,synthetic fluids through-out, Dino'ed at 204.8 hp (uncorrected) here in Calgary (3400 ft+). At 170K, I suspect the engine/transaxle mounts are mush. The best way I could decribe this vibration is to say that the engine and transaxle assembly seem to be wobblying around while trying to twist the drive the axles. The dealer/techs. of course tell me they have never had to replace any of these parts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a really bad shudder under acceleration at around 18-24 mph. It went away when I replaced my struts. My font struts were completely blown. They had no pressure whatsoever. Now, it's gone. You might want togive thatsme thought if your struts are old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts