Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand your trying to get the most for the advertisers, but having the dropdown menus behind the ads is about annoying. I cant click on some things, because I cant see them. Is this an opera issue, something with my computer, or is it just as annoying for everybody?

and while in in the site questions part, do i have enough pull on here to get my name changed to Lnlogauge? the capitalization would be nice

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Works on FireFox...

I know that when we used to have flash ads, they appeared on top of the menus. But we dont have any flash ads anymore...

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
lnlogauge said:
and while in in the site questions part, do i have enough pull on here to get my name changed to Lnlogauge? the capitalization would be nice
hehe, thats funny... i always read it as in low guage or some shit. i didnt think of it as an L.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Menu's and FireFox

Hmmmmmmm....all you guys say it works fine in FireFox, but I just found this thread (Scooby, I left you a PM yesterday about this very thing among others) and am running FireFox 1.0.7

The menus don't go behind in mine, but they are or appear to be "transparent" and thus are VERY hard to use on certain parts. The headers or section topics seem to be bolder and are readable, but almost all of the rest of the menus are overpowered by the ads (the ads "block" out the menu items....)the ver of FireFox I am using has a problem displaying those menus and the ads together. :shrug:

IE seems to work fine, though the pull downs are still transparent enough to see the ads through them, they are simply TOO transparent in FireFox.

George :angel:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
They do have a slight transparency for me in IE as well. But it's so dark you couldn't read the ad behind it and shouldn't have a problem figuring out what's in the menu.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Yes, the transparency level is different between IE and FireFox. It is all really moot at this point, though since we are about to do an upgrade that will trash out current style.

I am working long, long hours on the new style now and we will go live once it is ready. I will be posting a preview before too long, so look for that in the News section.

And, George, sorry for not replying to you, things are crazy busy right now. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Menu's/Reply

Scooby,

Thanks for the reponse, and don't worry a bit about the reply...I know you have been REAL busy with lots of different aspects of the board for months, since the hack and not even considering your "real" job :lol:. I can't imagine all the work this place must take to maintain. Lookin forward to the upgrade and I can deal with the menu's even in FireFox. When you have the time, I did have a couple other questions totally unrelated to this thread...no hurry though. Thanks once again for all the work you and your "elves" put in keeping this place running for us all. Hang in there!

George:angel:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
Works fine for me on IE version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
lol why did i find the extra long version number funny???

works fine for IE on my comp...
why go with something other than IE :freak: it's so easy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts