Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Looks kickass to me!
i lke how you got yoruself in the side rearview mirror :)

-meaty

·
Registered
100 Posts
you crazy bastards with your steering wheel on the wrong side!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looks sick still!!!

I gotta get that done soon...

Speedstar: how much you have to pay for those pipes.. and where you get it done??

and was that picture taken while you were driving??

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya acidburn, that was taken on hwy 400 at toronto meet, hey just figured out site was back up! lol, damn bookmark was giving errors, etc. oh well, will try to make next meet this sunday!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Where do you guys find these mufflers? Every muffler I looks at is way to big. I'm pretty much convinced what I want to do but I know it would be a whole lot easier if I could find mufflers that did fit around the tire well. I want at least 3 inch tips in the dual exhaust. Every muffler with a 3 inch tip or bigger has to big of a casing. I'm actually thinking of doing dual DTM tips. I'm not sure exactly what tips to go with though. Your guys' help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
763 Posts
yeah it looks AMAZING i love the look of the dual exhaust...

it adds so much AGRESSIVENESS to the car... makes it look mean.

Hey -- Speedstar / Greg S:

I was wondering when you get that dual exhaust setup (if they are straight through mufflers) does it Double the sound of the exhaust it terms of loudness ( you know the vroooooooooom) or is it the same loudness just split between two mufflers?? does it sound better or worse??

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm not sure in speedster's case, but in mine I took a Tsudo dual muffler set-up and had them cut apart and then had all the piping made. As for sound it can get really loud, though I suspect that a lot of mine is due to the fact that I replaced the resonator with a glasspack and had all the piping from the headers back re-done in 2.5". I know htat in my set-up there is slightly more sound and exhaust flowing out of the passenger side pipe due to the unequal lenght piping going ot the driver's side muffler. Works great for emissions testing though, the passenger side hit the limit on emissions while the driver's one is a bit lower so I can always pass.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts