Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now we have a flowmaster series 40 on the 6 right now and it sounds great, but we won't dual exhaust,not true dual but just dual out the back, i was wondering what mufflers everyone else is using when they go dual and also if we could maybe stuff another flowmaster under there. Thanx

·
Registered
148 Posts
i like Mici's the best. number 5 was nice too. i'm not a huge fan of the giant 6 inch fartpipes though

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
you forgot about mine :) 3 1/2" Tips.

Adam

·
Registered
127 Posts
hey uhhhh on pic number 5 what kinda taillights are those? i'm thinkin they are from a 2door integ but just wanna make sure.. personally i think they fit the car just right

·
Registered
785 Posts
the only way you'll be able to stuff any muffler under the other side of the bumper is to hammer in your spare tire well. you can probably run pipes around it, but anything other than small-diameter piping will require you to crush part of the spare tire well. if you want a flowmaster to fit under there you're going to have to crush quite a bit of it.

IMO the easiest way to fit dual exhaust is to put a couple of dynomax round bullet mufflers right behind the cat and just make the rest piping with resonated tips. :shrug:

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/6d89...ey+split+behind+the+axle.jpg?ph9ct__ArwKqpmLs

Split from rear axle 2 x 2½" piping and no need to crush the pipes. Just work your way around the spare wheel wall. Only mufflers are 2 straight through -type mufflers, one replacing the catalytic converter. Without turbo, it's so damn loud that you'll hate driving it after a week. Apply a turbo and you'll be happy with the sound. ;)

Mici

1 - 20 of 27 Posts