Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up, if anyone has pics or knows where i can see pics of a dual exhaust conversion i need to see them soon. i think i am going to have the guys at the shop change the rear bumper to accomodate for the dual exhaust i just want to see some pics first. also what types of mufflers will fit the best, and if anyone has any adivice or info on this conversion let me know.

thanks, mcbride

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, by the way my ride is at the shop so i cant exactly go look under it right now, but whats all this i hear about the spare tire or the fender well being in the way? is it a real hassle to do the dual exhaust? is there room on the left side of the car to easily install the second muffler?

--thanks again.......

·
Registered
537 Posts
My dual exhaust is a little diferent then everyone else's I think. I got a hammer out to beat the spare tire holder in, and it wouldn't budge, so I took it to the muffler shop and he said it didnt matter. So he put the left muffler as close as possible to the tire weld withough letting it hit, then he put new hangers on the right side si they would be at the same height. And some people may think that the exhaust will hit cause it is lower than usual, but that is not the case. It is as low as my axels, so no probs there. Will have pics in a week.

·
Registered
321 Posts
hey I will post some pics for you tomorrow. As for the spare tire well. if you have a hydrolic put a wood block on it and stick it under the well and jack the car up then you can use a small sledge hammer to give it a real nice shape if you want not really important.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics would be perfect

thanks, my car is far from me at the shop, so i have no way to actually look under the car right now, but i need to decide what i am going to do before they spray it. so pics would be nice, also is there enough room to do the small magnaflow canister in mid pipe, then do the y-out to tips. i think this is the best idea if there is enough room to tuck the magnaflow canister somewhere.

--mcbride

1 - 6 of 6 Posts