Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1992 Mx6 is falling apart! It's a great car and I don't want to have to give it up. So, if anyone can tell me what I can do to fix some of the problems (or what the problem is!) I have with it I would be greatful!

When turning around a corner in first or second gear there is a sort of "click . . click. . click. . cccclliiiiiiicccckkkkkk. . " like a roller coaster going over a hill.

The driver's side door won't open from the outside, does anyone know what mechanism could have broken to cause this?

The automatic seatbelts lock on both sides of the car and pretty much choke anyone who drives or rides in the car, unless the release button is pressed.

Thanks,
MazdaJr

·
Registered
35 Posts
The clicking noise when you turn corners while accelerating is your CV Joint. You should have that fixed. One sure way to know its bad is to check the boots on the inside of the wheel and there is grease leaking or the boot is torn.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree on the CV joint. The door handle is probably broken on the inside. They are made out of cheap metal and break with age.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with the CV joints also. It might be cheaper to replace the axle on the side the CV is going. I had to do that on my last car, just replaced the right-side axle. It can be dangerous if you let it go too long and it can cause more damage so try to get that fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
405 Posts
CV Joint------$65 for a new one, easy to replace.
Door Handle---$25 easy to replace.http://www.car-part.com
Auto Belts----??? i dont have those, so they cant break.

Info Note:
she isnt dying, she is injured. Take a look at those nice caveliers from 88-92 now those are dying, dying fast. they might be extinct by now, havent seen one in yrs.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Don't get me started on Cavaliers.

The door handle problem is probably just a broken plastic clip or something like that. Take off the panel, check it out.

Replace or check out the anchor (where the belt rolls up) for the seat belts. Obviously the inertia sensors are out, or set to tight--I don't even know if they are adjustable, but you would think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DOOR HANDLE

THERE IS A SMALL CIRCULAR PEICE THAT MOUNTS TO THE DOOR ASSEMBLY, RIGHT OR LEFT TAT AFTER TIME IT WILL WEAR, AND SNAP, SIMPLE FIX: TAKE DOOR PANEL OFF, YOU WILL SEE THAT THERE IS TWO MAIN BOLTS TO THE DOOR HANDLE ON THE INSIDE , YOU CAN SIMPLY TAKE A SCREW INTO THE SAME FACTORY HOLE, AND TIGHTEN IT DOWN( NOT WITH A DRILL)WITH PHILLIPS, AND YOUR PROBLEM IS FIXED( I HAD THS SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 92, THE CLICKING IS THE CV JOINT, HAPPENS WITH MX6 AFTER TIME, FACTORY OR AFTERMARKET SUSPENSION, FIX IT SOON OR YOU WILL CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR AXLE

·
Registered
287 Posts
The seatbelts were giving me problems too. So I started the car, closed the doors, and pulled the fuse for the automatic seatbelts. Yeah you have to reach back and unplug it when you want to get out, but why be lazy and wait for annoying belts.

·
Registered
405 Posts
when my door handle broke, there was no fixing it. the part that broke was riveted on. take it off and look in the bottom of the door for some parts, chances are u will find some. i know that is how i learned why mine didnt work anymore. what a pain in the ass that was, opening the door from the passenger side for like 2 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts