Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Well I've booked my car is for a full dyno tune and power run (lookign at fixing my power problem) at some joint in Cranbourne for next monday (total of 100bucks all up) for 3-4 hours..Yeah!!! Mates rates rock *lol* Their called PC performance or soemthing liek that...

Anyhow I've got a few questions:

1. With my current mods (2.5" dump pipe, hi flo cat,2.5 inch piping, CAI, Hi-flowed turbo, Pod, 10-12psi).... Approximately what power output shoudl I be looking at..the guy said round 110kw and some huge torque reading...based on your previous dyno's what should I expect?

2. Is there anything I need to do in preperation for the dyno (I was thinking engine flush, change all fluids, remove BOV (since it most likely leaks) etc???

3. Finally anyone dyno'd the auto transmission before?? How does it hold up???

Thanks everyone..oh also when I was at the joint today they had a VL turbo (with engine work but stock turbo on 22psi) that pulled 413.4 kw atw...it flew *lol* I wan that power outta they tx :)

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
prob about 105-110. but really depends on the dyno. power readings really don't tell u much. like dont goto get a dyno run just for power, u use it for tuning purposes really, except for a dyno day just for the fun of it.
yeah lose the bov, if it is anything like what mine was its ridiculous, didnt notice the power drop when i put it on, but after 3 months or so, took it off, woah efficiency here we come :p
also, regap ur spark plugs etc.
don't bother doing stupid crap like taking off air filter etc, do whatever ur car will be doing on the street.

good price, but lets hope htey know what they're doing

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) they well and truely do know what there doing lima I had a look at the shop while I was there damn my car was the shittest there *lol* the dyno is for a full tune the power run will just be for a lil bit of fun :)

As far as prep goes would it be worthwhile doing an engine flush, and all that or shoudlnt I bother..I just mainly thoguht I'd do all that stuff nto for the power or anything but because it would eb my engine is less liekly to die on the dyno :)

Basically I figure engine flush, new tranny oil, regap spark plugs, remove BOV, clean the injectors and that was it..

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
The auto will suck most of your power

but 100KW's should be done on about 12psi. Yes 100KWs' average. I did mine tuned unichip auto 2.5inch pressbent exhaust all up it was 96Kw's with 12psi

Manual same engine 7psi 99KW's - same dyno, but totally different curves and different torque figures. only other change 3inch mandrel bent exhaust with new flex stil 2.5inch from dump to flex.

ON Croydon autosports 4WD dyno - 107Kw's In auto form ??

Shootout mode, at another dyno 109KW's Auto again.

Dyno won't effect the box - it will hold 3rd or 2nd gear power run it out.
Auto will die from diff or overheating. All my auto's dies becuase of the diff. I like corners it's why I went manual and LSD.
sure the auto spoole up it 1.5 car lengths quicker but, other thne lockign the diff I tryed everything. Plus I could not find a LSD to fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.