Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well they had a $50 dyno day at the shop by me today, so I figured what the hell might as well see what it will put down...
the tune was not that great, i tuned it the night before pinks, and haven't touched it since. definetly needs some work still. He said the turbo was blowing hot air and causing it to go way rich up top. I tried pulling fuel out at 6000rpm+ and it didn't help. I am going to switch to the Holset and get it dyno tuned....

·
Registered
282 Posts
470.2 crank hp that is nuts for a mx6, that thing must haul a$$. so that should be 399.67 wheel horse if my caculations are correct. 15 percent hp lost through the drive train right?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct, that is wheel horsepower, should be making over 500 at the crank. I have a turbonetics 50 trim at 30psi.

i wish i had my video camera when i was there, it was pretty sick

·
Registered
608 Posts
That is sick.What size injectors are you using? I need to upgrade to 880,or 1000cc injectors,only running 550cc right now,at 16 psi on a GT35R,and they are just about maxed out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Amazing power man! And you hope to see even more power in future? Wow great work!

What kind of injectors are you using? make? low or high ohm?

Did you buy them new?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
500+bhp with a so-so tune... oh come ON :D Excellent job, can't wait to see what you get with a GREAT tune! That's just so sick, and please try to remember take the video camera next time ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Oh. My. God.

I have so much respect for the FE3 now...

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
That is sick.What size injectors are you using? I need to upgrade to 880,or 1000cc injectors,only running 550cc right now,at 16 psi on a GT35R,and they are just about maxed out.
if it makes you feel any better, i got 880s to idle on my f2 a few weeks ago. its still untuned and runs pretty damn good at idle. i reckon 1000's could still sustain a good idle if your engine management is good enough :tup:

great numbers schwine. would love to see what the holset is capable of on that fe3

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats man!! Nice Numbers.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Awesome shwine, a dyno to be proud of there my son. I can't see the shape of them, but thats about right for the pressure you are running. I can't wait to push my boost up to 27psi and feel the love :)

wait, I've seen the shape, I can't believe you made SO much power and 5600rpm, jesus, imagine if you kept the flow up up top! wow. That is a severely ugly torque curve lol, did you do some math to figure out the optimum shift point with it looking like that? Actually, looking at the power curve it's fairly obvious you'll be wanting to rev it regardless as A its making plenty of power up top anyway and B the turbo would unspool if you didn't.

Awesome result regardless! :)

Fred.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks everyone,
I was really suprised to see how the power just fell off at 6000, I am still not certain what it is, but i guess its the turbo? When you are driving it doesn't seem to drop off that bad. I just don't like the fact that it goes soo rich after 6000, I don't want to wash the cylinder walls.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Amazing results with the tune you have.

if it makes you feel any better, i got 880s to idle on my f2 a few weeks ago.
I have my 880s idling at a steady 1000 rpm at idle, takes a bit to get it good though.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not sure of the specs on the hot side i only measured the cold side becasue I had to re clock the housing.
I am going to hit the track tonight if the rain holds out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice job! I'd love to see that thing tuned on the top end... you'd need a second sheet of paper for the curve. ;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wow, crazy numbers. I was going to make it out to the dyno that day to see a few friends. Ended up helping out a friend with a new car. Got a lot of texts saying there was a stupid fast mx6 there lol.

one of the guys i know might have a vid of your car, am waiting for him to post it up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts