Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I finally got a chance to get on the dyno. I had three pulls. It was 54 degrees outside today when I got on and I had warmed up for about 5 or 6 minutes. I haven't installed the boost controller yet, or the zombie chip. So basically I'm at stock boost with 2 1/2 inch downpipe/exhaust and a T-Bird hybrid turbo. Just for comparison my friend has a 2005 WRX and he dynoed at 174 hp and 178 torque.

First pull:
Max Power = 159.91 Max Torque = 192.74

Second Pull: (done in fourth gear)
Max Power = 159.90 Max Torque = 194.76

Third Pull:
Max Power = 163.40 Max Torque = 195.81

I'll post the actual chart once I scan it or get a good picture of it.

Reactions: Zach and sokarul

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
I don't know why you added in the WRX info as it doesn't pertain in the least bit to your dyno?

Either way, when my T Bird was installed I'd get 10 psi with a cone filter, stock solenoid, stock exhaust, no more than 10 psi. Your numbers are decent for the stock turbo OR T Bird considering somewhere close to stock boost. I'm still wondering what your compression and AFR are though, and at what RPM you got those numbers.

·
Banned
968 Posts
Since everyone insists that 145 hp is under rated I’m going to assume your engine has problems, since those numbers seem low. Would have been nice to have the boost raised for the dyno but I see your chip is on its way. However, that dyno is making me rethink my t bird, even though I already was.

You get Karma.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
He ran my car up to 5800 rpms. I actually run rich after 3500 rpms though. Turning up my boost would probly correct the problem. At least before I install the zombie chip.

I just posted the WRX's power number's so people could have an idea for comparison because not all dyno's are the same and get different results. This way people could picture in their mind what kinda power I'm making compared to something you can actually picture.

I'm actually happy with my numbers. My bottom end is really strong. I think that those numbers are really positive. I have a lot of work to do. But a friend of mine pulled 145 in his 1998 eclipse gst at 15 lbs of boost, so comparably I'm think my numbers should be impressive especially since my mileage is twice what his is and my car is nearly 10 yrs older.:D

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
dynojet or mustang dyno?

btw, when i dynoed i was running ~10-11psi and all i had was a catback 2.5" and had 152whp and 216wtq on a mustang.

reason i ask what kind of dyno, is that the mustang factors in "real life" driving conditions, load, etc.

good baseline nonetheless :tup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a dynojet.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Thats definately more than decent for a baseline considering he has no idea what his boost is, right?

Just an FYI that with my stock turbo, it took a 22 psi spike to put down 195 hp and 288 fpt. Alter Ego put down 198 hp and 287? fpt with his T Bird at 14 psi. At that point, both of our engines were built pretty much the same.

Sidenote: Julio put down 340 hp and 370 fpt today in his SRT4. This is down from the 356 hp and 376 fpt that he put down a couple weeks ago, he also made a bunch of passes last night at the track and his clutch was slipping most of the time. Stock clutch isn't liking the Mopar Stage3 :lol:

I didn't dyno today because I haven't changed anything.

Suggestion for next time: Go here:http://www.nedyno.com/ or here next time so you can have youtr results stored here: http://www.dynoperformance.com/index.php and be able to compare using the same software.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah he has the dyno results available online but he just hasn't uploaded today's runs yet. He said it willbe done on monday. Once he does I'll post the graph on here.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
SixSick6 said:
Sidenote: Julio put down 340 hp and 370 fpt today in his SRT4. This is down from the 356 hp and 376 fpt that he put down a couple weeks ago, he also made a bunch of passes last night at the track and his clutch was slipping most of the time. Stock clutch isn't liking the Mopar Stage3 :lol:
What happened to the PGT?

On a sidenote I threw down $40 against a stage 3 SRT4 the other day and he backed out...

Whats julios best time?

They are only low 13 second cars here at best with stage 3, stock they are mid-high 14's. Most the ones I saw ran high 13's and that was with slicks.

And holy hell, everyone, their brother, and their mom own an Srt4. Thats all I see at the strip everytime i go... worse than mustangs, dsm's, you name it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
LOL I though I was the only one who picked on the old grannies who drive sports cars.
I ran this old lady in a Lightning... got my ass handed to me lol but it was fun. Kinda funny seeing the grin on the old lady's face when I caught her at the next light LOL.
-Nick-

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was at the grocery store yesterday and this lady, she must've been 40, loading groceries into the trunk of her Z06. I almost died. She actually got in it and drove off too. Hilarious.

·
Registered
191 Posts
sokarul said:
Since everyone insists that 145 hp is under rated I’m going to assume your engine has problems, since those numbers seem low.
actually 145 is under-rated for CRANK numbers...but seems to be about right on for wheel horsepower if you are bone stock...so if he is truely running JUST a t-bird at stock boost with a 2.5 inch downpipe 163 hp and 195 torque isnt that bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts