Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi u guys from Brisbane. Could any one tell of a good dyno place at the Brisbane's southside, and if u know roughly the cost of dynotuning the 6. I might need to do some tuning so the above information upfront would be very helpfull. Thanx

·
Registered
415 Posts
if your running stock management then really the only thing they can "tune" would be the boost to run at the safest level. It is however a good idea to see how the car is running so u should get it done anyway, for tuning chiptorque will charge around $100 per hour but for a dyno run i think your looking at around $70.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, i am running stock management but i need to do dyno cause my car runs like crap. It is running so reach that every time i turn on a car, i can smell petrol and when i turn on the car, it gets to the point of choking. Next week i am going to clean throttle body and the injectors, but i would also need to look at timing and tune the car to run 12psi safely.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You can't "tune" the car to run 12psi with stock management.

You can only adjust the base timing also, so there is very little you can do.

If it's running rich, it's most likely an oxygen sensor issue, could also be some other sensors faulty. eg- Airflow Meter, Temp sensor.

If you can smell petrol maybe you have a fuel leak in the engine bay. Check your fuel filter, injectors, hoses etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts